Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omega News from Baltimore...

Default Omega News from Baltimore...

I'm surprised no one caught this.

From the Mondo Marvel panel @ the Baltimore Con:

What's the status on Alpha Flight and Omega Flight? Brevoort said the limited series was well received, now editor John Barber will develop something further. An announcement is coming soon. Meanwhile, look for Weapon Omega in "Marvel Comics Presents" in a story by Rich Koslowski and Andrea Divito.

Now the question is when will we hear this? Time has passed a great deal since the mini ended

Hurm...Interesting this is.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Indeed...Interesting.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Soon? Good. Maybe our luck is changing?? Maybe. If Mr. Brevoort meant 'before Hallowe'en', then kudos to him for saying so!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

here is the website for the writer of guardian on mcp. blogs seem pretty funny. maybe we can get a interview with him to see what his alpha background is.

http://www.richkoslowski.com/

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    here is the website for the writer of guardian on mcp. blogs seem pretty funny. maybe we can get a interview with him to see what his alpha background is.

http://www.richkoslowski.com/
    We alpha fans are so picky lol. "What are your intentions with my characters?"

Hrmm. I wonder what value of "soon" they're using. Sounds like good news, though if the announcement isnt a full-ongoing, not many people are going to be happy.

Baseless speculation time: A further mini series.

i predict..............

a new ongoing alpha flight series.

with of course some omega flight characters (sasquatch, arachne, usagent, current guardian and talisman) with hopefully the twins and snowbird.

I'm not getting my hopes up...And I'll be counting on nothing (that way, I won't feel so screwed over again). I'm tired of Marvel execs giving us fans either the bird or little morsels of what we want.

Dana

Let's just hope any future AF/OF project has a creative team that is somewhere in the range of Oeming/Kolins/Reber/Barber. If it is, then I'd have some real hope of it being/becoming an ongoing that is worth picking up.

Pipe dream time...

Creative team: Warren Ellis and Steve McNiven
    Title: Alpha Flight
    Team Lineup: Sasquatch, Northstar, Aurora, Snowbid, Talisman, Beta Ray Bill, Arachne, Agent Brown, Box(Madison Jefferies), and Guardian(Michael Pointer)
    Ships: Weekly(to make up for years of mishandling)
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    I'm not getting my hopes up...And I'll be counting on nothing (that way, I won't feel so screwed over again). I'm tired of Marvel execs giving us fans either the bird or little morsels of what we want.

Dana
    Yep, I'm with Dana on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    Pipe dream time...

Creative team: Warren Ellis and Steve McNiven
    Title: Alpha Flight
    Team Lineup: Sasquatch, Northstar, Aurora, Snowbid, Talisman, Beta Ray Bill, Arachne, Agent Brown, Box(Madison Jefferies), and Guardian(Michael Pointer)
    Ships: Weekly(to make up for years of mishandling)
    McNiven would rock on Alpha Flight (partly as the man who illustrated their somewhat off-panel deaths...It would be good to have draw actually them alive, or at least...The survivors/resurrectees, etc...). He's a good artist and also Canadian (That's certainly helpful). I know very little about Ellis, though.

LOL (ships weekly...That was great, D)!

Dana

Brevoort said the limited series was well received, now editor John Barber will develop something further. An announcement is coming soon.
    John Barber, eh?