Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight News [Future]

Default Omega Flight News [Future]

Well Mike Oeming seems to be out, which is sad but I can understand as he does have a lot going on.

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...=27737&page=26

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    mike, was curious, since omega flight was a success (both sales and imo story) if marvel asked you to write an ongoing would you take it? also, will we ever find out the real reason why marvel downgraded the series?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oeming
    I'll be very honest with you-
    No, I wouldnt. Im trying to simplify my life these days.

Since Im being extra honest here, will you believe me that there is and never was any more to the story of Omega Flights being downgraded to mini than what Marvel already told you? With all the books spinning out of Civil War, they just wanted to see how it would perform. Thats all it was.

Why they dont pick up the ball and run with it seeing as how it outsells more than a few of their ongoing titles? I have no idea.
    M!

Default Re: Omega Flight News [Future]

edit: Damn double posts

this may explain why a series has not been picked up right away. 1 of 2 things may have happened:

1) they approached mike and scott about a ongoing, mike said no for the reasons he stated on his board and scott had already committed to dc.

2) tptb at marvel saw the potential for the series, but thought it could do better under a different creative team, and gave them mcp to get used to the characters for a possible ongoing.

either way i respect mike for being honest.

This is just a waiting game now. Omega proved that a Flight series can sell well, and with MCP keeping the ball in play for a year it gives Marvel the wiggle room to figure out where to go with it. Since the market proved it could support the property I can't imagine them walking away from it for long.

We're in WAY better shape then we were after Vol 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    This is just a waiting game now. Omega proved that a Flight series can sell well, and with MCP keeping the ball in play for a year it gives Marvel the wiggle room to figure out where to go with it. Since the market proved it could support the property I can't imagine them walking away from it for long.

We're in WAY better shape then we were after Vol 3.
    Sigh....No we're not, Adam. We're in slightly better shape than we were then, not way better.

According to every bit of info we have...Omega is dead in the water. Marvel's had plenty of time to decide what to do with OF...They don't need "wiggle room".

Mr Oeming and Mr Kolins know nothing of it's possible future, they would have been offered the chance at an an ongoing before anybody else (long before issue 5 of the mini was released) and according to everything they've said (I believe them, they're not lying like Q has lied to/misled us before)...There was no such offer. They both seem to be cutting ties to Marvel and don't seem at all pleased with Marvel's decisions about Omega (or Marvel's respect of their work and talents). To expect Marvel to pull an incredibly surprising successful Omega Flight revival out of their butts at any second (or worse yet...A full year after the mini ended) is just blind, unreasoning optimism, with no basis in reality.

Marvel Comics Presents' Weapon Omega story is an effort to make more money from desperate Alpha/Omega Flight fans without really giving us Alpha/Omega Flight and it will not help make an Omega Flight ongoing a reality!.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

no but what you arn't understandign is hypothetically if oeming turned down the offer, or scott did... they would need to find a new team who would work out storylines and figure out what to do with the characters becase that takes time to get started...so marvel would need time to create a GOOD ongoing because they know if they throw something together it sucks, the reason this one didn't was it had genuine thought and they might want time to put that thought in there and develop the new guardian a bit before doing that

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    no but what you arn't understandign is hypothetically if oeming turned down the offer, or scott did...
    They couldn't turn down an offer that was never made, Smurf...And there's no such word as arn't.

they would need to find a new team who would work out storylines and figure out what to do with the characters becase that takes time to get started...
    Um....Duh.

so marvel would need time to create a GOOD ongoing because they know if they throw something together it sucks, the reason this one didn't was it had genuine thought and they might want time to put that thought in there and develop the new guardian a bit before doing that
    Um....Duh deux. Oeming and Kolins were not offered an ongoing, their planned ongoing was downsized to a mini at the last minute(as we all know) and I doubt very much Marvel plans on putting together another creative team to make an ongoing any time soon...The best we'll probably get is another mini next year by a new creative team(and that is me, being extremely optimistic).

If Mike and Scott knew of any plans to make an ongoing...I'm pretty sure they would have tipped us off, not to mention, they would have been offered the job...They were not, they were screwed over by Marvel execs and so were we.

Dana

Well, this pretty much sucks.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    may(be) they approached mike and scott about a ongoing, mike said no for the reasons he stated on his board and scott had already committed to dc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oeming
    Why they dont pick up the ball and run with it seeing as how it outsells more than a few of their ongoing titles? I have no idea.
    M!
    Okay, people, people! Do you see the contradiction? If Oeming had been offered a series and turned it down, he would know why Marvel 'dont (sic) pick up the ball and run with it'.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    And there's no such word as arn't.
    There is... now!
    It's a perfectly cromulent word.

marvel would need time to create a GOOD ongoing because they know if they throw something together it sucks
    Smurf, do try to keep up.

- Le Messor
    "Every time I lose weight, it finds me again!"

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    And there's no such word as arn't.
    There is... now!
    You embiggin us Le Messor with every post.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    You embiggin us Le Messor with every post.
    I can be quite silver-tongued at times.

Hmmmm...Or fork-tongued.

Well, Baltimore Comic-Con Marvel panel come and gone and news on a new Young Avengers mini but nothing Flight related. Get used to it boys and girls.

Images

It was going to be a silver spoon, but after a few too many encounters with acerbic werewolves, I realised I needed something sharper. So now, there is no spoon.

A new Young Avengers mini could be good news--if done by the original team. I mean, their series ends, (while they seemed to be on Cap's side) then they're suddenly background characters working for the Initiative.
    What?

No Ω news... could be bad, could be good. Again, depending on creative team (there are times I'd prefer no series to the series we've got).

- Le Messor
    "Everybody is entitled to my opinion."

Clayton Crain is working on a series, but I doubt it's OF or AF, but anything could happen (OK, I'm being WAY too positive given who runs Marvel...).
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.