Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nothing??

Default Nothing??

So there is absolutely nothing to report out of Toronto Con? Is it that uninteresting and boring that there's no news whatsoever?? I haven't read one shred of news about the con. I'm sure it's going on but the fact there's not even a hint of any kind of news anywhere leads one to believe it's a Barbie con.

I mean newsarama, comix-fan, silverbullet, none have anything from Toronto con, as if it isn't even on. No Justice League, no Teen Titans, no Star Wars, no I Can't Believe They Were Stupid Enough to Publish Irredeemable Ant-Man,....

I guess I should add, "If a Convention happens and there's no news, does that make it a get-together?"
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

i have googled every possible combination of omega/alpha flight and toronto fan expo with nothing to show.

i am shocked i can't find a ounce of news.

Somehow...I'm not at all shocked by the lack of news.

ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

it seems that there is not only a lack of alpha/omega news, but a complete lack of any news at all.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Somehow...I'm not at all shocked by the lack of news.

Same here.

But I find it weird that there's nothing from DC, Image, Dark Horse, Marvel, anyone, no announcements or news of any kind. Sounds like a horrible con this year, I guess.

Live it.

well, here is our "news"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=11707
    The first question from the Canadian audience was, of course, “Are we going to see more ‘Omega Flight?'”

Cebulski said, “The Michael Avon Oeming- Scott Kolins series did very well in sales, much better than expected. It was only a miniseries originally but I know there are plans for some of those more successful minis that came out this year to come back next so hopefully you will see more of Omega Flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Primate
    well, here is our "news"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=11707
    The first question from the Canadian audience was, of course, “Are we going to see more ‘Omega Flight?'”

Cebulski said, “The Michael Avon Oeming- Scott Kolins series did very well in sales, much better than expected. It was only a miniseries originally but I know there are plans for some of those more successful minis that came out this year to come back next so hopefully you will see more of Omega Flight.
    So, it's a definite maybe.

Same as always but I still think there won't be an ongoing and they never planned on making OF an ongoing once it was cut to a mini, contrary to what they might have said/hinted.

"hopefully" My that sounds promising! Unexpectedly good seller gets just what we expected: no respect! Well "hopefully" Marvel will see more of my money!
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

I guess that means 'vague' wins my poll easily.

I guessed as much, they'd get asked and hum and haw but basically mean, "No, there will be no ongoing. Screw off. Go buy Teen Titans or Justice League."

Thanks, I will buy DC.

Live it.

Well that comment was weak and non-commital at best. Thumbs down Marvel. BTW read Booster Gold from DC. Damn good first issue.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

I unfortunately couldn't make it, so no news from me.. beacuse i'm in Australia!
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

I think its wise not expect anything in the way of OF news until the MCP Pointer stories are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus
    I think its wise not expect anything in the way of OF news until the MCP Pointer stories are done.
    Not an unwise accesment. Given the poor sales of previous Alpha revivals. I would understand from a buisness perspective of taking baby steps and building a fanbase. Most not all team books have at least one character that is the "meal ticket"(see Wolverine). Of the current Omega lineup there is not one character who has been a sales success on his or her own for an extended period of time. I think Marvel despite what some of us thinks about them is trying to make Michael Pointer the focal point of the Omega team. Omega did well. If the Weapon Omega story does well in MCP than you not only have fans of the book but a main focus character as well. I know alot of you may disagree but im only playing devils advocate with my next statement. James Mac Donald Hudson was not interesting enough as the main of the team book and robbed the team of its "star". I know the point of the original Alpha was to highlight all the members at one time or another and it worked under John Byrne's pen. A new direction is needed to build the "brand" again. Look at how Alpha first came about. Guest appearence in a hot selling book. They had their few guest spots and fans clamored for more. Alpha Flight was than born. When Byrne left it had its up and downs to say the least and fizzled out over time. Yes we want a sudden and magnificent return to Alpha glory. But for it to work and work long term. I think the way its being done now might just be the way to go. Wet the appetite of new fans with a top selling Mini and have it be relevant enough to the original concepts idea that the old fans jump on as well. BANG!! you have a start. Omega Flight is the prologue. Weapon Omega in MCP is the intro to our "main" character. The next step after establishing all of this is the main ongoing story. Do i agree that this is the way to make Omega/Alpha a sales success? Not neccesarily. But I do recognize the way Marvel trys to sell its brand and market its product. While we feel JoeQ has it out for Alpha because of how things have transpired. I think he is looking at it in a different way. If he pulls a successful Alpha/Omega series out of his hat. He looks like a hero and made another B-List book A-list. I would bet he is willing to take the lumps he has in the short term to make it work in the long term. I know this was one hell of a rant. But I cannot and will not give up hope that an ongoing will happen. I still see what we want on the horizon as a very viable possibility. Keep on keepin on.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

I honestly thought Mac was very bland and boring as well, that is why giving heather the suite and having her have a vendetta to pursue made the comic really nice in my opinion