Thread: Comic Book Urban Legends Revealed #117

Default Comic Book Urban Legends Revealed #117

At the bottom of the page, they have an interesting tidbit about the Dream Queen...

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...-revealed-117/

MM

There aren't really enough details given for a comparing Red Fox's Demon Queen to Alpha Flight's Dream Queen. Sure they're similar...Their both demonic women. they have horns (although, Dreamy's horns are more of a crown/tiara and are artificial), they both have pale skin, thigh-high boots and trampy outfits...We need a bit more than the obvious visual similarities.

No details (origin, motivation, etc...) are given about the Demon Queen, so I personally can't say that Dream Queen's a rip-off.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

They mention in the comments section that it's more than looks and name; there's talk of origins and powers, too, but it's not specific.

And one evil person saying he falls asleep at mention of Alpha! Grr...

- Le Messor
    "Freedom is actually a bigger game than power. Power is about what you can control. Freedom is about what you can unleash."
    - Harriet Rubin

Upon, reading the article again....It's absolute nonsense. "Fox" the alleged creator of the British Redfox comic also claims that Chris Claremont ripped him off with Madelyn Pryor as the Goblin Queen? Does this guy claim every writer who writes about demonic women is ripping him off?

So now his Demon Queen is a mutant cloned from the "dead" lover of her current husband (who is also a mutant), who is corrupted by demonic forces and attempts to sacrifice her own child to gain more power? Lame.

Sounds to me like professional jealousy.

Dana

Maybe Robert E Howard should rise from his grave and sue "Fox" for ripping his Conan stories off?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Well, clearly she's both a mutant cloned dead lover and the daughter of a succubus and Marvel's Nightmare.

I've realised - we do know something about her powers. That's that she possesses people; DreamQueen does that, but it's not her standard M-O, as it seems to be with Demon Queen.

- Le Messor
    "... and in the third corner, Dairy Queen of Milquarious!"

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Well, clearly she's both a mutant cloned dead lover and the daughter of a succubus and Marvel's Nightmare.

I've realised - we do know something about her powers. That's that she possesses people; DreamQueen does that, but it's not her standard M-O, as it seems to be with Demon Queen.

- Le Messor
    "... and in the third corner, Dairy Queen of Milquarious!"
    Dairy Queen? I'm telling this "Fox" dude about that...He's gonna sue you, Mik! LOL!

It's funny, I don't recall the Dream Queen really possessing folks much, mostly just altering their perceptions of reality, creating imginary armies, etc...

Dana