Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Comics Presents

If they are going the "evil Dept. H conspiracy" route with this story, then we'll never see a new series. The more Marvel writers turn Dept. H into Bad Guys Inc. the less appealing it gets for readers. At least that's my opinion about it. After all, no one wanted to read that in the past, why would they want to read it now? They had a chance to revitalize the Flight, but it seems everything is just "same old, same old". And the whole "power vampire" shtick just makes it all 100x worse.

You know I'm really tired of complaining about Marvel Comics. I wish TPTB there would get a new AF book going with the old characters. I don't care how their resurrection is explained, I just want them back!

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    If they are going the "evil Dept. H conspiracy" route with this story, then we'll never see a new series. The more Marvel writers turn Dept. H into Bad Guys Inc. the less appealing it gets for readers. At least that's my opinion about it. After all, no one wanted to read that in the past, why would they want to read it now? They had a chance to revitalize the Flight, but it seems everything is just "same old, same old". And the whole "power vampire" shtick just makes it all 100x worse.
    Some hero, huh? As heroic as Sauron, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    You know I'm really tired of complaining about Marvel Comics. I wish TPTB there would get a new AF book going with the old characters. I don't care how their resurrection is explained, I just want them back!
    I agree with you 100 %.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

i agree. enough of the unsuccesful "i got a great spin on alpha flight" series.

just give us alpha flight, with the original team, and lets give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    i agree. enough of the unsuccesful "i got a great spin on alpha flight" series.

just give us alpha flight, with the original team, and lets give it a shot.
    I agree as well.

That being said, I did not mind AF Vol. II that much (admittiedly, i have not read the very beginning or the very end of it...).
    I have no real problem with conspiracies of governments, or with Department H being secretive and suspicious, if not downright misguided.
    Just...I'd like the next Alpha Flight series to have MORE than just that.

Maybe they will use this latest conspiracy to launch the new Alpha Flight, where Omega Flight does not work because of Dept H treachery, and so (at least some of) the original members show up to lead a new band of Canadian (yes, I did say Canadian) heroes as Alpha Flight, without government interference.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

I think the best way to go, right now, is Guardian's android form is able to resurrect his human parts, the magic resurrects Puck, and they are joined by Sasquatch, Arachne, and Talisman, if not the twins.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Earth X Guardian survived and all he had was a head and spine. So I can definetly see him again

Puck was said to be invulnerable and nearly indestructable so how he even got in this position in the first place is comical same with Guardian and his shileds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    I think the best way to go, right now, is Guardian's android form is able to resurrect his human parts, the magic resurrects Puck, and they are joined by Sasquatch, Arachne, and Talisman, if not the twins.
    Tell the truth, I'd vote for Madison Jeffries, Diamond Lil, and even Yukon Jack in that group.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Here's info for ish seven...

MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS #7
    Written by MARC GUGGENHEIM, CHRISTOS GAGE, AMANDA MCMURRAY AND RICH KOSLOWSKI
    Penciled by DAVE WILKINS, JOYCE CHIN, ROY ALLEN MARTINEZ AND ANDREA DIVITO
    Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    What is VANGUARD—and why does Blade want to kill DETECTIVE STACY DOLAN? Meanwhile, NAMOR confronts the ghosts of his past—and vice versa! All that, plus the conclusion of the SAVAGE LAND epic, and U.S. Agent delves deeper into the secrets of WEAPON OMEGA.
    40 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Puck was said to be invulnerable and nearly indestructable so how he even got in this position in the first place is comical same with Guardian and his shileds.
    I've thought the same thing. My thought is that he must have had his brain screwed with somehow in that battle. Since it was off frame we'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    I've thought the same thing. My thought is that he must have had his brain screwed with somehow in that battle. Since it was off frame we'll never know.
    and Shaman has been shown to suck up a big part of Newfoundland and an atomic blast in seconds. As well as he has attacks, such as his handful of baubles which were used to defeat an Elder God. "Just for a single wretching moment the universe itself seems to blink out of existence, like a soap bubble suddenly impaled on a thorn."

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    I just think we need a one shot that has the battle, so we can stop trying to figure it out, and more then just the flashback of everyone being owned

A one-shot would be a great idea. Nothing but pure fight scene with answers galore. Hell I'll write it if they need me to.

A one-shot would be a great idea. Nothing but pure fight scene with answers galore. Hell I'll write it if they need me to.
    PWalk, I say you should write it regardless. Then we get someone to illustrate it (Heaven knows we got enough talent for that here), and submit it to Marvel ourselves through a sympathetic sourse (I know for a fact they don't accept art without story, and scripts with joint artwork gets farther than simply story alone).
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

I'd rather the Massacre of Alpha Flight was forgotten. Marvel should just resurrect the them...Maybe have Dept H (or Talisman) force Pointer revive them by reversing his life-sucking power...Actually, Talisman can raise the dead...It was stated so by Shaman in AF Vol 1, issue # 24 (when Northstar, Aurora and Liz are killed by Somon), perhaps she just doesn't know how to.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    I'd rather the Massacre of Alpha Flight was forgotten. Marvel should just resurrect the them...Maybe have Dept H (or Talisman) force Pointer revive them by reversing his life-sucking power...Actually, Talisman can raise the dead...It was stated so by Shaman in AF Vol 1, issue # 24 (when Northstar, Aurora and Liz are killed by Somon), perhaps she just doesn't know how to.

Dana
    The only problem with just "forgetting", Dana, is that it causes HUGE continuity errors... esp after all this time.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine