Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Comics Presents

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Yeah that's the one, cos it said on the front 'Guest Starring Sasquatch' didn't it ?
    So, how badly was Sasquatch beaten in this one?

Yeah that's the one, cos it said on the front 'Guest Starring Sasquatch' didn't it ?
    Huh?
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Default MCP #6

THE STORY:
    CAPTAIN AMERICA leaps into action in WWII—and the Sentinel of Liberty’s actions affect not just the fighting troops—but even a man judged unfit for combat! Plus—KA-ZAR and SHANNA bring together the tribes of the SAVAGE LAND to fight a common foe…but how long can they stay united? Meanwhile, Detective STACY DOLAN tracks down a wanted terrorist—one she thought she already put behind bars—and an unexpected guest star reveals his link to the mystery of the VANGUARD. And finally—Michael Pointer, the GUARDIAN, has been hearing things…things he does not want to hear…in WEAPON OMEGA.
    Rated A …$3.99

PRICE: 3.99
    IN STORES: February 13, 2008

MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS
    09/07 Marvel Comics Presents #1 - 38,337
    10/07 Marvel Comics Presents #2 - 26,573 (-30.7%)
    That’s an atrocious second issue drop. The book seems to be guaranteed a year, but it’s going to have to turn things around very quickly to survive that. In fairness, anthologies have always been a tough sell, and this book was always going to face an uphill struggle. But it’s a disappointing number nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS
    09/07 Marvel Comics Presents #1 - 38,337
    10/07 Marvel Comics Presents #2 - 26,573 (-30.7%)
    That’s an atrocious second issue drop. The book seems to be guaranteed a year, but it’s going to have to turn things around very quickly to survive that. In fairness, anthologies have always been a tough sell, and this book was always going to face an uphill struggle. But it’s a disappointing number nonetheless.
    Well, in Marvel logic, this probably means its guaranteed a five year run.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    So, how badly was Sasquatch beaten in this one?
    He came out of it looking pretty good. He and Arachne took down 9 second league villians. More batteries for Pointer I guess ?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I don't find the art much of a problem as such, but it don't set my world on fire. Background images don't have as much detail as they could have, but forground characters/images aren't that bad.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

The art?
    Remember, this is an anthology. Space will always be an issue.

King Mungi - love the photo (and your tagline...classic! lol)! Thanks!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

MCP #4 (Hightlight to read)

SPOILERS

Not much happens, other then we see Guardian absorb the powers of Raptore. Very slow issue. Kinda cool we see USAgent playing videogames with Arachne's daughter, but that was it.

END SPOILERS

i think your selling the issue short king. there was a very well done back and forth between agent brown and tony stark.

the video game playing between usagent and arachnes daughter was very cool and it seems like they are finally starting to figure out Micheal's power.

pretty good.

It was alright, but it's going at a snail's pace and it's very hard to get into a story with only just a few pages.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

From some other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07
    Does anybody have any ideas where the MCP storyline with Pointer is headed?
    North by Northwest?

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07
    Anyhow, I just am not sure where it is going. Is he some sort of modern-day power vampire? Is his emotional state attached to his power-fluctuations? Is his suiit really there to help him control his powers, or does it have some other unknown functions? Is Pointer going to turn out, yet again, to be a villain??
    My guess is, (and this is just my guess), Dept H is 'feeding' him powers, he's vamping them without knowing it, and they're trying to power up their man in the field.

I suspect we're regressing to v2 conspiracy threads. Which, honestly, I was sick of before v2 even came out (from other comics).

- Le Messor
    "Honesty is such a lonely word."
    - Billy Joel

yeah, i meant to touch on that. it looks like conspiracy theories abound, which i'm not a huge fan of.