Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Comics Presents

Even more reasons for me to not pick MCP Weapon Omega story up...U.ASS. Agent (hate him) and seeing Agent having to save Pointer's life...Just...Ugh. Are any of you seeing the slightest bit of symbolism here? Anyone?

I'm glad some of you are excited about it, but I'm not interested.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Like in OF, he says he doesn't have a handle on his powers yet. While USAgent is a vet. It's a 12 issue story. Of course he's going to get his ass kicked at the beginning. By the end he will be more confident and have better use of what he can do. That's what's fun about this guy. He's new and he can progress.
    Exactly...Its the journey not the destination.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Like in OF, he says he doesn't have a handle on his powers yet. While USAgent is a vet. It's a 12 issue story. Of course he's going to get his ass kicked at the beginning. By the end he will be more confident and have better use of what he can do. That's what's fun about this guy. He's new and he can progress.
    But that's how they've been writing Alpha Flight since they were introduced. I want to see a team of competent heroes wearing the maple leaf for a change!

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    But that's how they've been writing Alpha Flight since they were introduced. I want to see a team of competent heroes wearing the maple leaf for a change!
    Actually, AF has been just the opposite. When they first started, they could take on anybody. Since then, there has been regression. Anyone too powerful got either depowered, killed or brainwashed. At least I can enjoy this guy getting better(and hopefully a Canadian Citizenship).

I'll buy it just to be a completist.

By the looks of it Guardian should open up this story with: I'm the worst at what I do.

Edited due to illegible writing.

Actually, AF has been just the opposite. When they first started, they could take on anybody. Since then, there has been regression. Anyone too powerful got either depowered, killed or brainwashed. At least I can enjoy this guy getting better(and hopefully a Canadian Citizenship).
    Not really, remember in their original fight with the X-men, Storm had to save the city from Shaman's blizzard, she also took out Snowbird with her cape. After Storm had stopped the blizzard, Northstar clocks her and Cyclops berates him calling him a coward. Even before that, when Mac went as Weapon Alpha to capture Wolverine, he almost killed a civilian by accident.

I have nothing against developing the characters, in fact I love watching them grow over time, but AF has never grown. The few times it has happened gets ignored by later writers who return them to their earlier inexperienced incarnations. I want to see characters who aren't instantly incompetent when they join the team. (And are Canadian)

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Ok, cover aside the art and stories look/sound pretty good. But is that not the ugliest Ka-Zar you've ever seen? And when did Hellcat get a boob job? *sigh* J. Scott Campbell what are you doing?
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

I've been wanting to see another MCP book for ages. They always did have some great stories in there.

What I'm really hoping with those longer running stories like Weapon Alpha will get traded once they are done. It's a crime that the original Barry Widsor Smith Weapon X series hasn't been put in a trade format in recent memory.

not sure why guardian is not on the cover. anyone know the official release date?

How much do you want to bet that the reason why Guardian isn't on that cover is because he was an afterthought and when they finally decided to throw a bone to those wanting a Flight ongoing a measly 8 pages in an old title that they're trying to resurrect (MCP), they decided to put Guardian in since they couldn't figure out what else to do to appease people without giving them an ongoing. By the time that all happened, the cover art had already been submitted so all Guardian gets is a little box in the corner with his picture in it ripped from one of the OF issues as seen on the very last page of OF#5.

I'll have to admit that I'm torn. On one hand, I want to support anything related to Flight. On the other, I really want(ed) to read Oeming et al's story and see how Guardian (and the rest of the Flight) grows as characters and I know that anything else that's going to be done new is going to be nothing but a cheap imitation of what could have been.

I honestly don't know how I feel about all this. I remember the last time Marvel $%#'ed me off (re: Spidey clone), I turned to Image and Top Cow for a while (and stuck with them for a couple of years as they had some really interesting stuff that, most importantly, respected continuity). Then I stopped collecting comics books for years and it was Omega Flight that brought me back.

Will supporting MCP really result in a Flight ongoing, or will it all be just a waste of time? Since MCP is an anthology of sorts, how are they even going to know what the breakdown of Flight fans are from the total number of sales? There are other things I'd rather purchase out there, so I really don't want to support a lost cause.

Aargh.

Quote Originally Posted by rtiangha
    Will supporting MCP really result in a Flight ongoing, or will it all be just a waste of time? Since MCP is an anthology of sorts, how are they even going to know what the breakdown of Flight fans are from the total number of sales? There are other things I'd rather purchase out there, so I really don't want to support a lost cause.

Aargh.
    Buying MCP for Weapon Omega will not result in an ongoing Omega book...Period. You are correct, Marvel will have no way of knowing if OF fans are buying the series.

Dana

I'm refusing to buy for the simple reason that Marvel thinks I will buy it because the Guardian suit is in it. Nope, not going to let them hook me anymore with little tidbits. Either it's an ongoing series or nothing.

I'm refusing to buy for the simple reason that Marvel thinks I will buy it because the Guardian suit is in it. Nope, not going to let them hook me anymore with little tidbits. Either it's an ongoing series or nothing.
    Unfortunately I don't think they'll hear our dollars say "We don't want this! We want an ongoing!" They'll bend it exactly the way they want it to appear. "See we told you nobody likes an Alpha Flight story! We gave you the Guardian (AF's head guy) and nobody is buying it. Omega Flight sells were obviously inflated by fanboys buying up multiple copies."

I think I'm taking a hiatus from comics for awhile. I'll check in here regularly, so that if Alpha Flight is ever revived I can jump back in, but I've had enough of the empty promises.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    Unfortunately I don't think they'll hear our dollars say "We don't want this! We want an ongoing!" They'll bend it exactly the way they want it to appear. "See we told you nobody likes an Alpha Flight story! We gave you the Guardian (AF's head guy) and nobody is buying it. Omega Flight sells were obviously inflated by fanboys buying up multiple copies."
    Again...Say it with me..."Buying MCP for Weapon Omega will not result in an ongoing Omega book (nor will not buying it, ensure that there won't be an ongoing)...Marvel will have no way of knowing if AF/OF fans are buying the series."

The only reason they are putting "Weapon Omega" in a MCP story is so they can continue making cash off of AF fans, without really giving us what we want. I'm passing on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    I think I'm taking a hiatus from comics for awhile. I'll check in here regularly, so that if Alpha Flight is ever revived I can jump back in, but I've had enough of the empty promises.
    I'll be picking up the Marvel Handbooks as usual and the Star Lord mini (only for Bug's appearance), but that's it (oh...And maybe if Northstar and Aurora start showing up significantly in an X-book)...I don't have any interest in anything else they're offering.

...And from DC...The Brave and the Bold in November: The Doom Patrol and the Flash. YAY for the DP...I love them!

Dana

I'm looking at maybe a new vice like cigars, booze, and hookers! I doubt my wife will support that in the same way she has comic books. So maybe I should rethink!
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"