Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Comics Presents

the art looks sweet. interesting quote:

“'Marvel Comics Presents' is going to be the premiere place for new stories starring fan-favorite characters that haven't got their own series at the moment, and for off-beat, unusual stories about characters that do,”
    AT THE MOMENT

I think there are going to be more OF related stories in the vein of the Pointer story, but an ongoing OF series ... still not convinced we're gonna see that for a long while

The Pointer story looks like it is gonna be fun, quite looking forward to it.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Looks and sounds pretty cool! I wish they would put him on the cover for a little promo.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

The villain looks somewhat Wyre-esque, what with the tendrils and all. Could he be making a comeback?
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    The villain looks somewhat Wyre-esque, what with the tendrils and all. Could he be making a comeback?
    He remined more of Cloak actually.

Oh, yeah, and Guardian should be on the cover.

From the looks of it he would seem to be some kind of Dark Force manipulator, but not anyone I recognise.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Well, I won't be picking this up if the preview is anything to go by. Not only is Weapon Omega not good enough to be on the cover (not even the back), he gets taken down despite being a hugely powered mutant in the Guardian suit. Yet USAgent, a non-powered hero, takes the fight to the bad guy while dragging Pointer along like a bad date. It seems Marvel is doing the "same old, same old" by the Flight.

I agree, it looks like USagent is carrying the fight to whoever and Weapon Omega has already been beaten. Art is fine but the two images aren't appealing.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Is it just me, or the new Guardian a really bad aim? You'd think most folks could look down their arm and line it up with an intended target. Maybe the glowy yellow force field makes it hard to concentrate, or perhaps he has more tears welling up. Either way he's a horrible marksman. Are they trying to show he's inexperienced with the suit or horribly deformed and unable to point his arm in a straight line?
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

The art is sweet. Andrea DeVito did some stories with Oeming, and I thought her stuff was very crisp, and very clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    Is it just me, or the new Guardian a really bad aim? You'd think most folks could look down their arm and line it up with an intended target. Maybe the glowy yellow force field makes it hard to concentrate, or perhaps he has more tears welling up. Either way he's a horrible marksman. Are they trying to show he's inexperienced with the suit or horribly deformed and unable to point his arm in a straight line?
    I think it's a case of Pointer not wanting to risk killing someone, so he's giving the bad guy a "shot across the bow".

I believe it was said The new Guardian would be taking the term "reluctant hero" to a new level. I think the preview even minus the words show this.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Like in OF, he says he doesn't have a handle on his powers yet. While USAgent is a vet. It's a 12 issue story. Of course he's going to get his ass kicked at the beginning. By the end he will be more confident and have better use of what he can do. That's what's fun about this guy. He's new and he can progress.