Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Marvel Comics Presents

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286
    Woot! First post :P

So, is this worth getting? I am only really familiar with Omega Flight(though I do wish to change that soon) so I don't have your biased view on Pointer, but is it a decent read?
    Ah, there it is! I've seen your later posts before this.

It's a decent story, but nothing hugely special. It will be released in trade, apparently. If it's a good price, you might want to look into that.

- Le Messor
    "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."
    - Henry Ford

I read it for the simple fact that USAgent (huge fan of him) and Arachne were in it. It was decent enough. I could care less about Pointer.

The Vanguard story was pretty good actually.

Eh, Pointer is too emo for me. Am I imagining things, or almost every scene he is in Omega Flight shows him crying? Pssh, I don't like cry baby heroes.

Arachne is in it? I love her! US Agent is pretty cool, too. but Talisman and Bill tie for my favorite.

Been away for a while, but have returned with my own Internet connection now, so no restrictions. Anyways, bought this story in it's entirety as a TPB (Sits nicely next to the OMega Flight and Alpha Flight Classics books) and to be honest I really enjoyed it. Pointer to me comes out of it all as a very strong character who is worthy of wearing the suit. I look forward to more of his adventures.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

If they want Pointer (Weapon Omega) to stay on Flight then Northstar, Aurora, Box, Diamond Lil, Persuasion, Feedback, Pathway and Goblyn can't be on the team.

I'm no Pointer fan, but other people are.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I think the only way we could see the old members rejoin any Flight team would be to have the government sanctioned Omega and an independent Alpha acting outside any government interference. I get the impression that Marvel can't envisage Alpha actually carrying a book while an Omega book more in line with current Marvel ideas may.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

True, possibly, for Marvel thinking. But we do know that AF sells well, and that right now there are a lot of 'status quo' teams in Marvel, very predictable but nobody not mainstream anymore.

They could use a team made up of heroes fighting a defending whatever may come, not just mutants for mutants, Avengers with international stories against U.S.; there is definitely a lot of stories to be told with AF, such as:

- AF not only is on the outs with HAMMER but any SHIELD thing, since someone (or more) set up old AF to be killed by Pointer. Therefore, a team that isn't on good terms with the big guns.

- AF has a lot of mutant enemies and the X-Men are no longer friends, with Pointer on board.

- from mysctics to magic to mutants to just plain criminals, AF takes on them all, with Julian Lord (Is he the Master?) and others like Dreamqueen being the real threats

Nice to chat again, DelBubs.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.