Thread: Oeming Comments at Chicago ComicCon

Default Oeming Comments at Chicago ComicCon

Taken from Newsarama:

We asked Oeming what he thinks of fan reaction to the Omega Flight mini-series he wrote for Marvel with artist Scott Kolins, which just finished up -- something some fans were hoping wouldn't happen since it was originally solicited as an ongoing but switched to a mini.

"I'm really happy with it. The fact that the old-school fans seem to be really pleased with it, even the ones who were really complaining at first about the concept. We were able to turn them around on it," he said. "Pretty much everybody enjoyed it, but not everybody was happy with the ending because ... well, it was ending, you know? And it was written to be kind of an open ongoing thing, so we had to rearrange a lot of the stuff at the end. And I think people wanted it to either end as, 'OK, that's it, we're not doing anymore,' or they wanted it to say, 'We're definitely doing more Omega Flight.’"

Can the writer give those people any hope for more Omega Flight?

"No," he laughed. "Honestly, I have no idea. I do know they're doing a couple of other short stories with the Guardian character and Sasquatch -- in some other books. Omega Flight isn't dead; I just don't know if there's going to be another series."

Default Re: Oeming Comments at Chicago ComicCon

I still have high hopes that an ongoing can happen. But I have to say. Throughout the time I have been reading and collecting comics I have at points leaned from DC to Marvel and back again. This is an utter failure on Joe Quesada's part. If when the Omega Weapon story is done and we dont have an ongoing. I might just be leaning back toward DC for a time.

I already am. I picked up Black Adam #1 and will satisfy my comic addiction with this series, until Marvel brings back Alpha or Omega Flight.

With our luck, the Sasquatch story will be written by Loeb and be Walters solo journey, looking into his past as he finds out more evidence of how he evolved from a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    With our luck, the Sasquatch story will be written by Loeb and be Walters solo journey, looking into his past as he finds out more evidence of how he evolved from a dog.
    Maybe we'll get really lucky and he'll retcon his own story to make Sasquatch an evolutionary leap of the Ewoks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Maybe we'll get really lucky and he'll retcon his own story to make Sasquatch an evolutionary leap of the Ewoks.
    I'd think it would be the Wookies... or maybe the Care Bears. Can't you just see Walt's ancestor, Smash-a-lot Bear?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    Taken from Newsarama:

We asked Oeming what he thinks of fan reaction to the Omega Flight mini-series he wrote for Marvel with artist Scott Kolins, which just finished up -- something some fans were hoping wouldn't happen since it was originally solicited as an ongoing but switched to a mini.

"I'm really happy with it. The fact that the old-school fans seem to be really pleased with it, even the ones who were really complaining at first about the concept. We were able to turn them around on it," he said. "Pretty much everybody enjoyed it, but not everybody was happy with the ending because ... well, it was ending, you know? And it was written to be kind of an open ongoing thing, so we had to rearrange a lot of the stuff at the end. And I think people wanted it to either end as, 'OK, that's it, we're not doing anymore,' or they wanted it to say, 'We're definitely doing more Omega Flight.’"

Can the writer give those people any hope for more Omega Flight?

"No," he laughed. "Honestly, I have no idea. I do know they're doing a couple of other short stories with the Guardian character and Sasquatch -- in some other books. Omega Flight isn't dead; I just don't know if there's going to be another series."
    Did I miss something? Where are the Sasquatch stories going to be? We all know about the Weapon Omega stories, but I haven't heard anything about Walter's appearance in other books.

apparently it will be some where. I hope its a solo story honestly...but it doesn't sound like a story of his own but rather he will be part of an arc of another story

Ths really isn't promising news.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Oeming
    The fact that the old-school fans seem to be really pleased with it, even the ones who were really complaining at first about the concept.
    Dana, I wonder if he's talking about us?

Me?

- Le Messor
    "Every man at three years old is half his height."
    - Leonardo Da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Oeming
    The fact that the old-school fans seem to be really pleased with it, even the ones who were really complaining at first about the concept.
    Dana, I wonder if he's talking about us?

Me?

- Le Messor
    "Every man at three years old is half his height."
    - Leonardo Da Vinci
    Maybe both of us, maybe more?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!