Thread: Who could do the ongoing?

Default Who could do the ongoing?

So if Mike Oeming isn't the writer, and Scott Kolins isn't the artist, then who could be the team for the ongoing? Anyone know any hints? I mean, Millar and Hitch have a new project coming out but I'd be hugely shocked if it was a Flight book.

I can't find any hints anywhere. Chicago con is not a good place for hints, that's for sure.

Ahhh, to get good news....
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I would love to see Steve McNiven doing the art. He's done AF before (New Avengers), and is a Canuck to boot.

well, tomorrow is a revisit to all things civil war/initiative panel. maybe something out of that panel? maybe they are holding on to the news until canada?

sounds to me like the wheels are turning behind the scenes, just no clue on creative team.

When is the Toronto Con....end of August?

i still thing the Weapon Omega thing is supposed to whet our pallet and be what satisfy our needs for an ongoing and the odds of us getting an ongoing are very slim

Toronto Con is August 24-26. No schedule for it yet, oddly.

Maybe varo is right, something hintable will come out in the Civil War thingy.

Without anything concrete though, from Chicago or Toronto, more people (including me) will joing SmurfInABlender in saying Marvel are pure idiots and not going to serve the fans, losing money all the way....

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    i still thing the Weapon Omega thing is supposed to whet our pallet and be what satisfy our needs for an ongoing and the odds of us getting an ongoing are very slim

i totally disagree. i think the odds of getting a ongoing are very strong. from what scott said, it sounds like the wheels are already turning, and a creative team may be in place (thus scott coming here and thanking us, and wanting us to hear it from him that he will not be part of it)

Agreed, varo, Scott's comments can be read to make an ongoing announcement not too far off. But concreteness is what we crave, still. Hope is all we get now.

Live it.

I enjoyed that the action scenes in this series seemed pretty gritty and weren't understated. When someone through a punch you really see the impact it had on the environment/punchee. If I could compare it to a movie (which isn't a sensical thing to do) I would compare it to Ong Bak. I hope if there's a new series we get some more of that style of art, which someone like McNiven could do. As for a writer... Someone who focuses more on the "family" aspect of the team is needed. I can only really think of Peter David as a person who does that right now. Oh, and C&C from New X-Men, but I don't want half the team to get killed off and that's prolly what would happen if they took over.

You know who I don't want writing it? Brian Bendis or Joss Whedon. Though if Whedon did it I'm sure Talisman's mystical destiny would suddenly become quite the big deal.

Well, looks like Chicago is a complete waste of time for Flight fans.

And I wouldn't want Bendis or Whedon writing it either. Oeming, Torres, lots of good writers out there.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Well, looks like Chicago is a complete waste of time for Flight fans.

And I wouldn't want Bendis or Whedon writing it either. Oeming, Torres, lots of good writers out there.
    Yes...Millar and Hitch are doing Fantastic Four...It might have been nice if Millar was allowed to do his Alpha Flight...But who knows?
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Default Mike knows nothing.

Here's a Mike Oeming quote from the floor taken by Newsarama at Chicago.

"We asked Oeming what he thinks of fan reaction to the Omega Flight mini-series he wrote for Marvel with artist Scott Kolins, which just finished up -- something some fans were hoping wouldn't happen since it was originally solicited as an ongoing but switched to a mini.

"I'm really happy with it. The fact that the old-school fans seem to be really pleased with it, even the ones who were really complaining at first about the concept. We were able to turn them around on it," he said. "Pretty much everybody enjoyed it, but not everybody was happy with the ending because ... well, it was ending, you know? And it was written to be kind of an open ongoing thing, so we had to rearrange a lot of the stuff at the end. And I think people wanted it to either end as, 'OK, that's it, we're not doing anymore,' or they wanted it to say, 'We're definitely doing more Omega Flight.’"

Can the writer give those people any hope for more Omega Flight?

"No," he laughed. "Honestly, I have no idea. I do know they're doing a couple of other short stories with the Guardian character and Sasquatch -- in some other books. Omega Flight isn't dead; I just don't know if there's going to be another series."

Boo Marvel. They haven't contacted him about Omega Flight. It's really getting hard to put faith in this company.
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

Yeah.
    "They don't care" would've been an appropriate response, but not one we are ever likely to hear.

By the way, the one person who has been strangely silent on all of this? - Ben. Ben, you know anything, or have any thoughts?[/b]
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/