Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thank you!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Switchgearman
    I get the impression it sold out quite fast but then again, it could just be a low print run.
    Yesterday, in my store, they had me actually working the shop. One of the things they got me to do was to pull older issues off the shelf--and I noticed we had only one issue of Omega. And that was the latest. One copy of one issue.

I began to wonder if people buying multiple copies to drive up sales--without giving them away--were actually doing the series a disservice? Would those copies have gone to new readers?

- Le Messor
    "Every man is as Heaven made him, and sometimes a great deal worse."

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kolins
    Hey everyone,

Wanted to share the news:

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.co...7078293402.htm

Best,

scottk.
    lol, link not working

well, heres the correct link i guess that explains why scott won't be doing a omega ongoing:

Well, I hope your project with Geoff Johns goes very well, no bumps thrown at you like with Omega Flight! Good luck with it and other upcoming projects, maybe you'll get lucky and get offered Alpha Flight freelance!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

MARVEL BLEW IT BIG TIME! To think, we had two fans of Alpha Flight both working on Omega (Scott and Mike) and Marvel cut it to a mini. So now Scott leaves Marvel and Mike is on other projects.

Man, I wish it was possible to take Alpha Flight away from Marvel and give it to a publisher who cares. Marvel is like the FOX of comics IMHO.

BTW, good luck on your future endeavors Scott, anything by Geoff Jones and I'm sure to check it out. See you on ComicBloc!
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kolins
    Hey everyone,

Wanted to share the news:

Thanks for your hard work. You will be missed by us.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeO
    MARVEL BLEW IT BIG TIME! To think, we had two fans of Alpha Flight both working on Omega (Scott and Mike) and Marvel cut it to a mini. So now Scott leaves Marvel and Mike is on other projects.
    Scott, Mike Oeming AND Mike Marts, who is a huge Alpha Flight and the original editor of OF, but moved over to X-Men around the same time it was reduced to a mini.

Man, its nice to see that the creative talent was just as shocked and probably pissed off at the cut down as we were.

What a mess Marvel's made of a great opportunity.

That blows big time, I only picked up the last two issues last week as i've had a broken leg for 5 weeks and haven't been able to make it to the city to buy comics, so I refused to come online until i'd read them..
    All the best to you Scott, you've been greatly appreciated by new and old Alphafans everywhere, thankyou!
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

Quote Originally Posted by Beta Ray Daz
    That blows big time, I only picked up the last two issues last week as i've had a broken leg for 5 weeks and haven't been able to make it to the city to buy comics, so I refused to come online until i'd read them..
    All the best to you Scott, you've been greatly appreciated by new and old Alphafans everywhere, thankyou!
    LegS? As is plural? As is an both? OUCH DUDE! I hope your feeling better. Was it Skrulls?
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Beta Ray Daz
    Wow. Broken leg? That sucks.
    Did you break it when you kicked a cement block cuz you were so mad at Marvel for not making Omega Flight an ongoing?
    And did you then fall off a large bridge, only to be rescued by US Agent (while "Guardian" sat nearby and cried), thereby making you even angrier?
    lol

Happy recovery!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07
    And did you then fall off a large bridge, only to be rescued by US Agent (while "Guardian" sat nearby and cried), thereby making you even angrier?
    lol

Happy recovery!
    Okay...At least FP may be seeing the symbolism that OF/MCP seem to be depicting (even if it's unintentional on Marvel's part).

Dana

P.S. Get well soon, BRD.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Yes, hope things are healing excellently, Beta Ray Daz.

Well, tomorrow (Saturday) I hope a few Alpha Flight fans get to Toronto Con and get straight answers to, 'Where's the ongoing?'.

My poll results show most of you think not. But hope is at least something.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07
    Wow. Broken leg? That sucks.
    Did you break it when you kicked a cement block cuz you were so mad at Marvel for not making Omega Flight an ongoing?
    lol

Happy recovery!
    Haha Flightpath! No, I broke it playing field hockey with a stick to the shin. It comes off tomorrow though & hopefully it will have healed well! Going to my regular stores today, both have stairs just to get into them, bugger! Thanks for the kind words everone
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz