Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thank you!

Default Thank you!

I really want to thank everyone that supported the Omega Flight series. It was an honor to work on this book and I enjoyed it immensely. I would also like to thank Mike Marts, Andy Schmidt, Mike Oeming, Brian Reber, Cory Petit, Daniel Ketchum, Will Panzo & John Barber for working with me on this book. And thanks to Joe Quesada & Dan Buckley for the opportunity. All things considered, I think we did one hell of a job.

There are plans brewing for Marvel's Canadian super-group, but I wanted to tell you here first - it doesn't seem to be in my future just now. I hope it's a great book and I'll be watching with envy. Creating Alpha Flight stories has always been a dream of mine and someday I hope to return and do just that.

Those that are curious as to my next project - you'll have to wait a bit, but hopefully you'll see some news soon. I have a feeling it's going to be pretty good.

Best,

Scott Kolins
    scott_kolins@yahoo.com
    geoffjohns.com (look under artists for the Scott Kolins board)

thank you scott. great work on OF. fantastic work all around.

Seriously Scott, you did the Fight proud. nice work...and I look forward to your stuff in the future (regardless of whether its associated with Flight).

Yeah, thank you Scott and Mike and Reber for the great work you put into the book. We really appreciate it. Thanks for the inside info too. Good luck with your future projects.

We really appreciate the work you did on OF Scott and I hope to see you draw them again in the near future. As for your next project, if it's what's been said on the net than I'll pick it up even if there's no Flight connection.

Thanks again.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I wanted to elaborate a bit more. I think your work on Omega Flight was fantastic. I definetly will look for your next work. Whatever it is. I hope to see you on an OF or AF book sometime in the future. Great work Scott. And thanks for being a part of this book and board.

And excellent work by Mike Oeming and Reber. Great job guys. I hope to see some news on a future ongoing book soon.

Marvel...are you listening?

Yes, thanks so much Scott! You rock!

As for any upcoming projects for you, if you cannot dig your fingers into a new Canadian superteam comic right now, then perhaps you might hopefully get to work with another interesting character, like oh say Wild Child ? lol (I gotta keep trying, don't I?).

Keep up the great work, and best of luck to ya!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Everyone rocked on this project. From the fans to the editors it was really a great project to be a part of. Scott's pencils were just a joy to work with and I'm sad to not have more of his pages sitting in my queue right now. I personally love the fanbase for AF/OF. It was refreshing to have readers that were willing to see what we could do as opposed to resisting the whole way.

I'm hoping to reunite with Scott down the road, but for the immediate future you can catch me on X-Factor, X-Men:Emperor Vulcan, Captain America the Chosen, and Gotham Underground for DC. I got some big X-Men work coming later this year too. I have trouble saying no as you can tell hehe.

Thanks everyone!!

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

No, Thank-You for your steller efforts. You did us Alpha fans proud. You showed TPTB that Canadian (or a team based here) can be done right and will sell. Oh, and thank-you for not killing or depowering Sasquatch (who never looked better).
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

Re-ber!
    Re-ber!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Reber
    Everyone rocked on this project. From the fans to the editors it was really a great project to be a part of. Scott's pencils were just a joy to work with and I'm sad to not have more of his pages sitting in my queue right now. I personally love the fanbase for AF/OF. It was refreshing to have readers that were willing to see what we could do as opposed to resisting the whole way.

I'm hoping to reunite with Scott down the road, but for the immediate future you can catch me on X-Factor, X-Men:Emperor Vulcan, Captain America the Chosen, and Gotham Underground for DC. I got some big X-Men work coming later this year too. I have trouble saying no as you can tell hehe.

Thanks everyone!!
    you rocked!

Great job Scott! I haven't gotten my #5 yet but you have done a great job on the first 4!

In the past the artists on AF have been something of a letdown but you, Clay Henry, Duncan Rouleau (and the other person who worked on Seagle's AF) have been great and deserve your kudos!

And congrats to you too, Mr. Reber! Glad it all came out so well! Seems you enjoy your work and well, people who enjoy what they do seem to be great at it!

Good job by all the people Mr. Kolins mentioned. I'm still bombed that Mike Marts doesn't help run Marvel anymore, he always supported AF. BUt all the people on this project did there best, and kudos to Andy Schmidt too for being on "As It Happens" to promote it!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

scott and reber, i personally can not thank you enough for all the hard work and incredible images you guys turned out for this mini series. the respect paid to old school alpha flight as well as the new team were incredible. the best i have seen these characters look since byrne. i would love to see you guys on a alpha flight series one day, because you guys were the only ones to make them look like we all remember them.

while i am glad to see omega will continue, i am sad to hear it won't be in your image.

you have gained a fan in me, and i will continue to follow your guys work!!!

thanks!!!!

Thank you to Mike, Scott, Reber and everyone else involved in the project...You did an wonderful job with the project.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Thank you Mr. Reber for your excellent work. Colorists don't usually get much credit, but you did an excellent job. I was going to be picking up UXM: Emperor Vulcan and Captain America: The Chosen. Now I'm just more excited to know you'll be on them.