Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: omega flight #5: Got it!

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Got it, great fight. Talisman not being as powerful? Needs explanation. Surtur's demons being called The Great Beasts had to be a fuax pas, if it wasn't BRB who said it, if not it could have just been mistaken I.D. (How would anyone else know what they were?) I think The Crew was drained of power pretty much and were weaker for it. Kind of like an hour long adrenaline rush and then becoming weak-kneed at the end.

The wrap-up is what I expected (except for Bill being trapped.) A great mini and I will be sorely upset if it does not get the go-ahead for an ongoing. Marvel has to strike while the iron is hot! Let's send in those letters people!
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

Just got done with it. Outstanding book all around from writing, pencils, and colors. I'm going to miss it next month but theres always MCP #1 I guess.

I've become a fan of all that were in the creative staff and I'll be following their work in the future.

I liked the last issue. Overall I'm pretty damn happy with this series as a whole. I'm hoping for an ongoing. [-o<

Default Anyone else notice?

At the end of the issue, Omega Flight consists of two former West Coast Avengers and the new Guardian. Both of the former Alphans have left, and the only other Canadian (sort of) is stuck in another dimension....
    Mario

Well, it's done. I dont have much to say about the series other than the art was good and I probably would have liked the story more if Guardian wasn't an American. But I can't get past that. Like I keep saying, its the same as making Captain America a Canadian.

I won't be getting Marvel Comics Presents and the multi-part Guardian story "Weapon Omega".

I really hoped he was going to die at the end and Agent Brown would become the new Guardian.

Oh well. Ill just have to continue hunting down back issues of Captain Canuck I guess.

I like agent brown as he is tough. I was a big fan of Madison Jefferies before he inherited the box suit when he jsut ran aroudn in a brown leather jacket and transmutatated metal.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default Re: The fifth and final issue

I liked the issue, but felt disapointed. I don't know, I think I needed better closure somehow. We got hints at the stories that would've been if it'd continued, but not those stories. Sad now.

Observe the 'evil Talisman'. (When Walt's imagining she wants to kill him.) Notice that headdress she's wearing?
    Come to think of it, is that what the Talisman jewel is now based on?

Hey, if it does continue, since everyone's split up, it could be a Byrne-style one character at a time series!

I think they made the mailman very heroic by the end, though I thought Liz's turnaround on him was too quick. 'Hello, my name is Elizabeth Twoyoungmen. You killed my father. Prepare to die. No, wait, you did something cool, I'll save you from my former teammate.' I liked Sas's, however--'You were possessed. I just remembered, I know what that's like.' It worked.

I'm still completely unconvinced that he should be wearing the flag costume--whatever the tech beneath the cover.

(look at this)

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    It promised those five characters as Omega Flight and that's what readers got, no more no less.
    Technically, no. They never did get together--the 5 didn't--and say 'we're Omega'; 3, maybe 4 did, and Bill fought with them. (Guardian is the maybe 4; I think you could argue him either way.)

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Who would have thought it would end without the stereotypical gathering of everyone in arms for one final panel, smiles all around?
    I did!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Primate
    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    A lie is still a lie.
    SephirothsKiller - seriously, don't start calling them liars. So, starting to get nasty towards Marvel because we feel entitled (which, in the grand scheme of things, we really aren't)
    Primate, I agree that diplomacy is always called for. I agree that getting nasty towards Marvel is a bad idea at this stage, and bad form generally.
    However, I also differentiate between saying 'what that person just said is a lie' and saying 'that person is a liar'.
    And, if somebody lies to me, I always feel entitled to point it out (whether I do so or not).

Seph, I'm not sure Marvel ever did say 'good sales = ongoing' so I'm not sure there is a lie here.

- Le Messor
    "When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you screamed I'd fight away all of your fears...
    These wounds won't seem to heal,
    This pain is just too real,
    There's just too much that time cannot erase."
    - Evanescence, My Immortal (NP)

Default Re: The fifth and final issue

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    I don't mind people using "eh" now and then but come on, us it in a proper sentence! "I snuck across the border looking for a better life, eh?" doesn't make any sense!

Default Liked it but was a little disappointed

I liked this series - loved the fact that someone used Talisman and got her into the limelight more. I didn't mind that she was less powerful. It would make sense that what she went through by losing so many friends could have deeply affected her and thus her powers. It's not fun for me to watch a character that is too powerful anyway, so it worked for me.
    I was a little disappointed that Snowbird didn't get involved, however. I was really hoping to turn the page after the panel where someone says to Talisman and Walter "I know what to do" and see Snowbird standing there. Instead it was a car ad with lions on it!!! Then I turn the next page to see that it was Bill. Have to say that was disappointing. I thought one of the creative team said that Snowbird fans would be surprised. I realize that she was involved in sending the visions to Bill and Elizabeth but wish she would have joined the fray. I guess the assumption was that she was busy taking care of the volume 3 guy that she supposedly married. (Ugh. Don't get me started on that stupid story decision.)
    Guess I was hoping that we would see a little more involvement from other classic characters, like Shaman or the twins by the end of the series. Or that the storyline with the Purple Man would eventually involve Persuasion. With that storyline quickly wrapped up in two panels, guess
    that won't be happening either.
    I'm glad that we had this series. Glad that we had such a great creative team. I'm not glad that it seems like Marvel screwed up again by waiting too long and blowing any chances of this same creative team handling any potential ongoing. Maybe I'm being too negative. Maybe they are just being coy because they aren't allowed to say anything. I hope that is the case. But I doubt it.

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Default Re: Liked it but was a little disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    I liked this series - loved the fact that someone used Talisman and got her into the limelight more. I didn't mind that she was less powerful. It would make sense that what she went through by losing so many friends could have deeply affected her and thus her powers. It's not fun for me to watch a character that is too powerful anyway, so it worked for me.
    I was a little disappointed that Snowbird didn't get involved, however. I was really hoping to turn the page after the panel where someone says to Talisman and Walter "I know what to do" and see Snowbird standing there. Instead it was a car ad with lions on it!!! Then I turn the next page to see that it was Bill. Have to say that was disappointing. I thought one of the creative team said that Snowbird fans would be surprised. I realize that she was involved in sending the visions to Bill and Elizabeth but wish she would have joined the fray. I guess the assumption was that she was busy taking care of the volume 3 guy that she supposedly married. (Ugh. Don't get me started on that stupid story decision.)
    Guess I was hoping that we would see a little more involvement from other classic characters, like Shaman or the twins by the end of the series. Or that the storyline with the Purple Man would eventually involve Persuasion. With that storyline quickly wrapped up in two panels, guess
    that won't be happening either.
    I'm glad that we had this series. Glad that we had such a great creative team. I'm not glad that it seems like Marvel screwed up again by waiting too long and blowing any chances of this same creative team handling any potential ongoing. Maybe I'm being too negative. Maybe they are just being coy because they aren't allowed to say anything. I hope that is the case. But I doubt it.
    I'm with you Ahab. Marvel has not contacted Mike or the art team so far. I think we're getting screwed again.
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

I'm with you Ahab. Marvel has not contacted Mike or the art team so far. I think we're getting screwed again.
    Yup.
    It has taken a while, but we are all figuring out what we guessed at when Marvel originally pulled the ongoing in favour of making it into a mini. They don't care about us, or our superheroes.
    So, anybody know what DC and Image have been up to lately? Think I will take a stroll over their way for a good long while...
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

My only hope is that someday, we'll get the original Alpha Flight back...Unfortunately, their histories will be even more convoluted (having died and come back...How many times is this for Mac now?)

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    My only hope is that someday, we'll get the original Alpha Flight back...Unfortunately, their histories will be even more convoluted (having died and come back...How many times is this for Mac now?)

Dana
    Yeah, I wholeheartedly agree.

Uh...any realistic chance that the AF that died were all Skrulls?
    [ man, it hurts to cling to ideas that are that moronic... ]
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default I vote for Skrulls

Heck, that hurts less than trying to accept time traveling/Plodex-babysitting/temporal copies who got dropped like they were nothing.

Skrulls, every last one of 'em...even Yukon Jack! If so, that's a come-back I wouldn't mind seeing.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67

Dana
    Yeah, I wholeheartedly agree.

Uh...any realistic chance that the AF that died were all Skrulls?
    [ man, it hurts to cling to ideas that are that moronic... ]

I agree....The folks easiest/most likely to have been replaced by Skrulls are the non-powered folks, like Heather and Mac (maybe MMII...Bleh!)...The Skrulls could have used the Hudson's suits (or other technology to mimic their suits abilities)...I suppose they could have replaced Puck and Puck II (bleh II) too...Maybe that's how the AF got owned so easily by the Collective?

Unfortunately, Shaman probably could not have been replaced by a Skrull...it's highly unlikely they would be able to wield his magics/medicine bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    Heck, that hurts less than trying to accept time traveling/Plodex-babysitting/temporal copies who got dropped like they were nothing.

Skrulls, every last one of 'em...even Yukon Jack! If so, that's a come-back I wouldn't mind seeing.
    I'm not sure if I'd like to see a Yukon Jack (or MMII and Puck II) "come-back", but I'd love to see the original AF make one.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!