Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SDCC 07

Default SDCC 07

Hi all,

I'll be at SDCC shaking hands, sketching, and hopefully having a good time! Hope to see as many of you there as possible. I'll be in artist alley Friday and Saturday in space (I believe) E-88, but check your booklet to be sure.

Best,

scottk.

Awww! That's one think I don't like about being in Western Canada and broke.... I always miss out on these great Cons and meeting my favourite creative ppl!!

Oh well, you have lots of fun, Scott, and maybe tell us how your time was while you were there for those of us who have to miss it. Sounds like an exciting time!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Have fun, hope the weather is bad while you're inside all day
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

There needs to be mroe Comic Cons in Texas, and by more I mean atleats one I cna go to that is legit

Same with Western Canada. IIRC, there USED to be one in Vancouver, but now all we get here is Star Trek Cons (which I haven't been to, despite being quite Trekky myself).
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

I'd travel to a legit one in Texas, because there's no hope of a legit one coming to Louisiana. maybe Swifty will hit the SDCC and give us a report.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

Hopefully their will be Flight news, because I know that without that, Marvel boycotts will start up again. They should see how popular Flight is and go back to the ongoing it was, instead of lying.

BTW, finally got my OF #4 in the mail, great job. Talisman, BRB, and Guardian all stepped up and should take out their enemies now!

Live it.

well, day one is down and no news. not sure what kind of panels will be through the weekend, but i seriously doubt a ongoing will be announced here, especially with canada's big show being next month and the tpb being on sale in november.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    well, day one is down and no news. not sure what kind of panels will be through the weekend, but i seriously doubt a ongoing will be announced here, especially with canada's big show being next month and the tpb being on sale in november.
    The Cup O Joe panel is this afternoon. If its announced anywhere, I suspect it will be announced there.

I have a friend who works at the SDCC and I asked her to ask 'the question' if she could. She's on the Comic side o' the convention and she hopefully will get a chance to ask.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    I have a friend who works at the SDCC and I asked her to ask 'the question' if she could. She's on the Comic side o' the convention and she hopefully will get a chance to ask.
    Well, its official - no OF news came out of the Cup O' Joe panel:

http://www.newsarama.com/Comic-Con_0...l/CupOJoe.html

sigh....maybe we are going to have to wait until the Toronto Con (or maybe beyond)

My three boys, now that they 'know' there is no ongoing, what have they been reading...hmmm... Teen Titans, Justice League, Batman/Superman, Teen Titans, Teen Titans, Justice League... Gee, since there is no Flight book, no Marvel!!!

I guess I'm raising 3 smart boys!

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    My three boys, now that they 'know' there is no ongoing, what have they been reading...hmmm... Teen Titans, Justice League, Batman/Superman, Teen Titans, Teen Titans, Justice League... Gee, since there is no Flight book, no Marvel!!!

I guess I'm raising 3 smart boys!
    No news doesnt mean no ongoing...yet. There are a couple of days left. Besides...any news about Omega I would think will come out of the Canadian Con. We still have hope.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

there was a bunch of nothing that came out of that panel.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    there was a bunch of nothing that came out of that panel.
    Oh, I don't know about that. Granted, the lack of OF news was a bummer. However, it was nice to hear that Eternals was being turned into an ongoing. I really enjoyed Neil Gaiman's mini...though I'm not sure if he and Romita Jr. are still on the book, or if its new creators (which probably wouldn't be anywhere near as good).

I'm kinda confused why there was some seriously big announcements - namely the announcement that Ellis would take over Astonishing X-Men - that didn't play a role at the Cup of Joe panel. Just goes to show you that there is still time for an OF announcement, despite the fact that there aren't any panel's left at which an OF announcement might be made.