Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight #5 Preview

well, san diego is next week, maybe something will come out of that.

as much as i haven't heard a announcement of a ongoing, i also have not heard that there will be no more omega stories.

plus, guardian will be in the next 12 issues of marvel comics presents.

but him being in the next 12 issues of marvel presents might be a cop out "Oh it has a huge fan base but we really don't want to do an ongoing, instead lets try and get them you buy our marvel presents by having a small amount of pages devoted to a member of omega flight"

I fully understand being doubtful about an Omega ongoing. But all the info and hints given to us so far by Kolins and other sources have hinted at otherwise. As far as Im concerned...the wrighting is on the wall. I think we will have an Omega Flight ongoing.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

I'm hopeful for an Omega ongoing, but I could see it not happening until late this year, early next year.

I am being hopeful for an ongoing, but I'm prepared for it to not be. With its steady sales and devoted fanbase, I can see Omega becoming an ongoing...but, Marvel could always make an unintelligent move.

And I also agree with Corvus. It seems that an ongoing would have a delay.

I haven't seen action like that in a Flight book since Vol. 1.

Thanks to all of the guys and gals who worked on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    I fully understand being doubtful about an Omega ongoing. But all the info and hints given to us so far by Kolins and other sources have hinted at otherwise. As far as Im concerned...the wrighting is on the wall. I think we will have an Omega Flight ongoing.
    Actually, I think that is a little bit untrue. The hints given out so far by the creative staff of the mini have not actually hinted at anything more than the fact that Omega Flight will continue to be around.
    It seems that the current creative team is not lined up to immediately jump into a full-fledged monthly title called Omega Flight, so...either we will get this comic quickly, with a new team doing it, or...we have to wait and see.
    Seriously, it seems more likely to me that " the info and hints " have merely be leading up to the announcement of "Guardian" (gosh, it makes me want to hurl to call this guy by that name!) and Agent Brown and US Agent will be appearing in some stories in Marvel Comics Presents.
    Nothing more seems to be forthcoming. At least not at this time. To say anything else, is wishful thinking seen through rose-coloured glasses.

So, we play the waiting game. We have done our part. We have supported, encouraged, and bought. Now we wait.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

And, for those of you who do not get Oeming's newsletter emailed to them, this is what it keeps saying...
    "The next two years or so are all about Powers and Mice Templar!"

That is definitely NOT a ringing endorsement for Mike being onboard with a monthly O.F. series!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07
    And, for those of you who do not get Oeming's newsletter emailed to them, this is what it keeps saying...

That is definitely NOT a ringing endorsement for Mike being onboard with a monthly O.F. series!
    Dont forget that he would not be allowed to say anything "official" until Marvel announces it first.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07

Dont forget that he would not be allowed to say anything "official" until Marvel announces it first.
    I do doubt it will be Oeming though. Hopefully someone else just as talented though.

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

If they lose Oeming, Kolins and Reber because of this stupid downgrade to a mini. There will be pain. Oh yes, much pain.
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

this was on oemings q&a:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boss Hogg View Post
    Did you here anything form anyone about the flight getting picked up as an ongoing?
    Nope!

Yes, Marvel will feel pain if there is no ongoing. You'd think they'd have learned that by now.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I fail to see what "pain" Marvel will be feeling if OF doesn't become an ongoing. Truthfully...Marvel doesn't think much of Alpha/Omega Flight fans (Tom Brevoort even less so), all we are to them is money.

They've made plenty of money already by giving us less than what we really want with each sub-standard Volume (excluding Volume one), killing off characters we love and replacing them with American and alien stand-ins...And even replacing one with the very man used to murder them...And we keep opening our wallets.

Why..Oh why do we keep doing it?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Well, unless John Barber was lying outright...

I think it’s very likely we’ll be seeing more of Omega Flight. Can’t talk about specifics at the moment—but I have a nice, warm feeling that this won’t be the last we see of that team.
    And this was not in reference to the Weapon Omega MCP serial either, he talks about that as a seperate venture.

http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFrida...erFridays.html

So, unless TPTB @ Marvel blindside us again, I'm thinking there's something coming.