Thread: OF#4 Number 1 Book for the Week of July 15th at ComicBloc

Default OF#4 Number 1 Book for the Week of July 15th at ComicBloc

It looks like OF#4 is the top pick over at Comic Bloc:

Month after month I have asked why this is not an ongoing series? The strength of the characters, the mightiness of the artwork, the greatness of the concept, this is just one of the best Marvel books right now and Marvel made it a mini. The team comes together this issue, though for them that is not a good thing. For some reason, I found it strangely funny that everyone kept asking Beta Ray Bill who he was and I am wondering if USAgent is actually going to call him “Death” at this point. USAgent and Talisman really sow a spark this issue as both are handled extremely well. I like USAgent’s brash, head-on way of dealing with a situation and Talisman’s superior attitude shows through. Aracne has a smaller roll this issue, but she does have a pretty big scene where she shows just what a hero she is by not only saving the Omega Flight crew but some innocent bystanders as well. Guardian (Scott Lang) gets a little bit of redemption as he refuses to kill Sasquatch even though old Sas’ has been possessed by the Great Beast and by the end of the issue is in a perfect position to relieve Guardian of his ability to breath. Every issue of this series has been a pleasure to read and if Marvel is smart it won’t end next issue but will be back for number 6 just one short month later!
    Here is the URL if anyone is interested:

http://www.comicbloc.com/index.php?o...1008&Itemid=57

I think that's 4 months in a row

Default Re: OF#4 Number 1 Book for the Week of July 15th at ComicBlo

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Primate
    Month after month I have asked why this is not an ongoing series? The strength of the characters, the mightiness of the artwork, the greatness of the concept, this is just one of the best Marvel books right now and Marvel made it a mini. The team comes together this issue, though for them that is not a good thing. For some reason, I found it strangely funny that everyone kept asking Beta Ray Bill who he was and I am wondering if USAgent is actually going to call him “Death” at this point. USAgent and Talisman really sow a spark this issue as both are handled extremely well. I like USAgent’s brash, head-on way of dealing with a situation and Talisman’s superior attitude shows through. Aracne has a smaller roll this issue, but she does have a pretty big scene where she shows just what a hero she is by not only saving the Omega Flight crew but some innocent bystanders as well. Guardian (Scott Lang) gets a little bit of redemption as he refuses to kill Sasquatch even though old Sas’ has been possessed by the Great Beast and by the end of the issue is in a perfect position to relieve Guardian of his ability to breath. Every issue of this series has been a pleasure to read and if Marvel is smart it won’t end next issue but will be back for number 6 just one short month later!
    BAH!? The dead Ant Man is the new Guardian!?

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Yeah, ComicBloc really likes OF. It is worth noting, however, that Scott Kollins is one of the ComicBloc affiliated creators.

Yeah, ComicBloc really likes OF. It is worth noting, however, that Scott Kollins is one of the ComicBloc affiliated creators.
    I'm not seeing this as a bad thing, if it means getting OF higher ratings.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    I'm not seeing this as a bad thing, if it means getting OF higher ratings.
    No, I'm not saying thats a bad thing either - its just worth noting.