Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not OF yet

Default Not OF yet

ALL-NEW OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE A TO Z: UPDATE #4
    Written by JEFF CHRISTIANSEN & VARIOUS
    Cover by AARON LOPRESTI
    What were the Red Skull and Dr. Faustus' involvement in Captain America's death? Who is Revanche, and why is Psylocke wearing her body? Ever wonder how far Captain Marvel's legacy spans across the Marvel Universe? Who was Captain America during the Revolutionary War? Think the Siege Perilous was only used on the X-Men? What's the real deal with the Negative Zone? Featuring updates on Nitro, Spymaster, Starhawk, Supreme Intelligence and others; new characters like Arabian Knight and Omega Flight; and old favorites and obscure-os like Clan Destine, the New Universe's Chrome/Spitfire and more!
    64 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Omega Flight is not solicited in October but the Weapon Omega and this are. San Diego or Toronto, one had better announce the Flight ongoing!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Default Re: Not OF yet

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Cover by AARON LOPRESTI
    What were the Red Skull and Dr. Faustus' involvement in Captain America's death? Who is Revanche, and why is Psylocke wearing her body? Ever wonder how far Captain Marvel's legacy spans across the Marvel Universe? Who was Captain America during the Revolutionary War? Think the Siege Perilous was only used on the X-Men? What's the real deal with the Negative Zone? Featuring updates on Nitro, Spymaster, Starhawk, Supreme Intelligence and others; new characters like Arabian Knight and Omega Flight; and old favorites and obscure-os like Clan Destine, the New Universe's Chrome/Spitfire and more!
    64 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Omega Flight is not solicited in October but the Weapon Omega and this are. San Diego or Toronto, one had better announce the Flight ongoing!
    On a side not: Arabian Knight a new character? I thought Marvel had a guy by this name already?

Default Re: Not OF yet

Quote Originally Posted by leonmallett
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Cover by AARON LOPRESTI
    64 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    On a side not: Arabian Knight a new character? I thought Marvel had a guy by this name already?
    He is an older character. But recently he was a prominent character in the Union Jack mini which was very good BTW. He was "modernized" a bit. Think Sahid from Lost.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

yes Union Jack WAS good... I wish that was an ongoing aswell

The original Arabian Knight was killed...This is a new Arabian Knight (the third BTW).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    The original Arabian Knight was killed...This is a new Arabian Knight (the third BTW).

Dana
    Third?!? Crikey.

Dana
    Is this Arabian Knight the same one who was in the group with Raazar?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs

Dana
    Is this Arabian Knight the same one who was in the group with Raazar?
    That was the original (some of his family were being held hostage, if I recall correctly...He was forced to work with Desert Storm...Or whatever their name was). He was killed a bit later by a mutant villain...The second Knight was a villain (I think) and appeared in Black Panther...The third is a new hero.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Thanks for that Dana. Hard to keep up sometimes.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Geez, almost getting as bad as DC with all the 'legacy' names. Reminiscent of the 45 thousand 'Flashes' and 625 million 'Green Lanterns'...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Don't dog on the green lanterns... all of the green lanterns are awesome except for Guy Gardner...he can die, i don't care for him one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    Don't dog on the green lanterns... all of the green lanterns are awesome except for Guy Gardner...he can die, i don't care for him one bit.
    Oh I'm not dogging anyone, don't worry (Well, except Krypto.... besides a convenient pun, do we REALLY need a super-dog... and you'd think Krypton would have SOME animals that aren't found on Earth...). Trust me, I'm a HUGE GL and Flash fan - actually, I love all the original members of the JLA and their legacies - Would NEVER dog them!

.... well, except Guy Gardner. He's a dork. But Alan Scott and Jay Garrick RULE!!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

well, sdcc has come and gone and no omega news.

i can't imagine some form of a omega question not coming up at the show in canada.

Agreed. If no Omega or Alpha Flight ongoing is announced by the end of August, I'll go back to "Make Mine Anything but Marvel".

And I'm not kidding about my boys. Last week was graphic novel week at the library and they took out 12 books, 11 DC and one Marvel. And Marvel books on the shelves equalled DC. With no Omega Flight, they simply turn off of Marvel. Not my doing.

Live it.

I may have missed someone posting this elsewhere, but here it is from Scott Kolins:

Kolins was hearing a lot of positive feedback for his Omega Flight mini-series. "I liked working on the characters and their whole backstory -- the characters who are new to Omega Flight -- like Beta Ray Bill, Arachne, and Talisman. It was great. That combined with the fact that I'm a big Alpha Flight fan worked well. And working with Mike Oeming was great," he said.

Many readers were hoping to hear news of another installment of the Canadian team's stories, since Omega Flight had originally been expected as an ongoing story instead of just a mini. "There's talk of what to do next," Kolins said. "Marvel's trying to decide what's the right thing to do to keep the property moving as best we can."

Live it.