Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wolverine #55 Preview

Oh my lord what a horrible issue.

I have to wonder how much of that bit with Sabertooth and the anti-healing sword was real and not all just in his head?

I especially liked that last page......."KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!"
    (Average person + Internet Forum + Anonymity = Screaming Douchebag)

"This is why I don't post often, *wink*"

In a word: crap! When I envisioned Sabertooth's death, I always figured he'd go out fighting while screaming obscenities at the top of his lungs, not meekly crying. sigh

"Sabretooth's last battle with Wolverine" my butt! Marvel will bring him back sooner or later (just as they will Captain America)...And he and Wolvie will be at it again, as usual.

I have the first couple of issues of this storyline and I found them to be just dreadful, horrible, craptacular...Reading the comments here leads me to believe that I'm missing nothing by passing on the rest of the issues. I can save my money for something better.

It's not hard to imagine that this storyline may soon be forgotten by Marvel and they'll move on as if it never happened...It's just a question of when they decide to forget it.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

You definitely missed out on nothing by avoiding this arc, except for this issue's variant cover.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthrea...=122400&page=2

Scroll down a short way to see it.

Can one of you who suffered through this arc to explain this to me:

Was Sasquatch ever definitively tied to this "lupine" race they introduced? If not, what were his motives for being involved in this?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam

Was Sasquatch ever definitively tied to this "lupine" race they introduced? If not, what were his motives for being involved in this?
    Nothing was explained why he was there of if he is a lupine

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam

Nothing was explained why he was there of if he is a lupine
    Holy huge plot hole, Mungiman! So...There is really no reason for Walter to even appear in this storyline? Wow...It only gets worse, the more I hear of it.

Maybe that's a good thing... we can all just ignore it now.

YAY!

I read the storyline and cannot think of one good reason why Sas was in it. If it was to create the impression that Sas was somehow linked to Lupine mutants than as we all know, thats a load of "Alpha Flight vol 3" (Not allowed to swear ). Also, is anyone else getting P/Oed that whenever Sas meets Sabretooth he gets his butt handed to him. Sas is one of the strongest in the MU with an healing factor and claws every bit as deadly as Sabretooths, but he always ends up in hospital. Total bolloxs.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    I read the storyline and cannot think of one good reason why Sas was in it. If it was to create the impression that Sas was somehow linked to Lupine mutants than as we all know, thats a load of "Alpha Flight vol 3" (Not allowed to swear ). Also, is anyone else getting P/Oed that whenever Sas meets Sabretooth he gets his butt handed to him. Sas is one of the strongest in the MU with an healing factor and claws every bit as deadly as Sabretooths, but he always ends up in hospital. Total bolloxs.
    I assume that's why they had him in the story. Sasquatch is a decent name in the Mrvel U as a guest. He's pretty damn tough, so if Sabertooth can beat him, Sabertooth must be bad ass. And if Wolvie kills Sabertooth, then Wolvie must be beyond bad ass. Just look for the title of the comic to see who comes out looking the best. If it were a Sasquatch comic, Wolvie'd be the one in the hospital.

I never read the ark so can someone tell me why Sabertooth died the way he did? Did he just give up and let Wolvie decapitate him? Why was he crying? Thanks.

The way Sabretooth told Wolverine to "Do it", just before getting decapitated, suggested to me that Sabretooth realised that he was becoming more animal than human and didn't want to lose what was left of his humanity and become totally animalistic.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Never mind that he's gone "feral" in the past without turning into an emo wimp.

I'm hardly a big Sabretoth fan...

But for all of the things that make him reprehensible, he was by-god TOUGH.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."