Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not so positive review of OF#4 on CBR...

OF #3 wound up #41 in sales for June, beating out Detective Comics, Nova, Superman, Ultimate Fantastic 4, Heroes for Hire, New X-Men, She-Hulk, and on and on. With sales so high they have to see that a Flight series written sensibly is a seller, so I expect OF to survive with one or two lineup changes.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

#4 could have used some explanation as to what had possessed Sasquatch, but I don't think a whole backstory was needed. Another solid issue!
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by sdf2501
    The problem with this issue is that it isn't as accessible as it could be to people who don't know much about Flight folklore. For example, if you've never read the original Alpha Flight, you'd have no idea what a "Great Beast" is or what the significance is in this situation so that impact is lost. The same with Tanaraq and hence the confusion with why Sasquatch is doing what he's doing. To a new person not knowing anything about Flight history, these things don't mean much right now.

I'm hoping that when it becomes ongoing, the staff will be allowed to put more effort to educate all the new readers that they're going to get regarding all the things about Flight history that readers like us take for granted.
    I don't think this issue isn't accessible to new readers. Sure, it doesn't provide an explicit back story for the Great Beasts, but the series, and this issue, has made it fairly clear that the great beasts are demons from another dimension that want to destroy the world, and last issue showed that they're clearly very powerful, enough for one of them to supercharge the Wrecking Crew with more power.

Now, someone familiar with AF's history will appreciate things a bit more, but the basic info needed to understand the story is there. And, in this era, its not like anyone who wants to know more about something in comics they aren't familiar with has a hard time getting the info. Its all just a google search away.

Or maybe they should just put the address to the Alphanex in the comic book.