Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who dies?

Default Who dies?

The write up for #5 insinuates that someone croaks - any theories about who that might be?

We talked about this in another thread, but many here believe the solicit's "someone won't be going home" just means someone decides not to go back to their old life. There were a few options we discussed. Sasquatch could be trapped in the Realm of the Great Beasts, Talisman may decide to stay with the team and not return to reservation life, Arachne may decide to become a Canadian citizen, Guardian could also become an Canadian citizen, Or USAgent could get smart with Beta Ray Bill and be knocked into a coma and live out his life support aided life in Canada.

See no one has to die for this solicit to become true. There's been enough death around Alpha Flight that Omega doesn't need any. If someone has to die, make it Mac. He's pulled it off many, many times. At this point Oeming could even make it off panel and it wouldn't bother me!
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

Mmm. I see -

I agree that they don't need any more deaths. The cover makes it seem like something bad happens to Bill - that would be too bad

I really don't think anything bad will happen to BRB. Oeming loves old horse face. I can't see him offing Bill. He's also stated that he has plans for Sasquatch beyond the initial arc (when it was an ongoing), so I can't see it being him. I'm hoping beyond hope that MAO doesn't feel the need for another unnecessary death. Kollins has hinted in the past that the Wrecking Crew may not survive this story arc either. So, I guess it could be them or one of them. If I remember the solicit it just said "someone" it didn't say an Omegan or one of our heroes or aything like that, so there's miles of wiggle room. Plus they never said outright death, just "not going home" or "not coming home".
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

I suspect the human Bill is bonded to will die, and BRB will have to find another host in the States.

I think someone will not die. It said someone is not coming home. I think the cover is a ruse and a minor tribute to the Catain America #25 cover. I think Sasquatch will stay in the realm of the great beasts.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

I hope it's not me!!!

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    I hope it's not me!!!

Ben
    No promises

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    I suspect the human Bill is bonded to will die, and BRB will have to find another host in the States.
    Or Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    If someone has to die, make it Mac. He's pulled it off many, many times.
    LOL Now that would be funny.

"Heads up, guys! I'll stop this threat! I'm Bac----."

*Hit in the head with a rock. Falls dead.*

I think the Wrecking Crew is long overdue for a forced retirement. It would be a good way to cement the new Flight, by totally shellaquing the Wrecking Crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Rook
    I think the Wrecking Crew is long overdue for a forced retirement. It would be a good way to cement the new Flight, by totally shellaquing the Wrecking Crew.
    I have till this day in 31 years of my life never ever seen the word "shellaquing" spelled out. Thank You
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Bendis mentioned the Wrecking Crew will be appearing in his New Avengers story with the Hood being the leader of the superhuman criminal world. So I guess they don't die unless it's a new Wrecking Crew

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Bendis mentioned the Wrecking Crew will be appearing in his New Avengers story with the Hood being the leader of the superhuman criminal world. So I guess they don't die unless it's a new Wrecking Crew
    Maybe one of them dies as the title says "SomeONE". Perhaps the Wrecking Crews ranks will drop by one.

It just clicked when it was said that Bill may need to find a new host body. He picked up a dead Simon Walters. Can you imagine he chooses a dead Puck? haha That would be the best.

I think a sacrificial explosion by Pointer to seal the breach between our world and the realm of the Great Beasts is a decent bet.

Yeah, THE Guardian dying would be a typical trait...