Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight #4 preview @ CBR

Flying demons, Guardian about to be released, crashing helicopters, previous issues recap, Arachne spinning giant webs, US Agent being a dick and Talisman oozing power. All in the first six pages. First review will complain bitterly about the slow pacing of this issue

[irony][/irony]. Personally I can't wait.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

wow wow wow wow wow

now, this is what i like to see!

I don't know if its me, but Kollins seems to have a better sense of the "visual pace" than in previous issues.

Looks great...and I can't wait for this one to sell out.

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Looks frikkin awesome. Kollins is fast becoming one of my fave artists. Keith Giffin was right when he said keep your eye on him.

Loved the panal where USAgent is giving the boot to the massive demon head. It just looks so comical: little boot>big demon head.
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

And it's Boom Boom Boom time! Rock on!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Looks very very tight. Im offically holding my breath till it comes out and turning many shades of blue.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

I like the panel with the full shot of Talisman. If you look at her leg, it doesn't continue past her cape/robe as if it has similar properties as her fathers pouch. As if it is an opening to another place. Just gives a mystical sense without being too obvious.

I like it that the pace has been slowly building. It's much better to see the characters in other situations before they get into a big action sequence.

It does feel a lot more like the first 3 issues of an ongoing rather than a limited series...

Extra page at Comics Continuum.

Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Seems BRB and Sasquatch are about to join forces...
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Seems BRB and Sasquatch are about to join forces...
    And given the shellaquing (probably spelt wrong, but it does seem to be the word of the week) they have both just recieved I guess someones in for a world of hurt
    Del

I mispelled it - it's shellacking.

To defeat, trounce. The thrash soundly.

In UK speak, a drubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Extra page at Comics Continuum.

What do you guys think of this page? At first I thought the unconcious Sasquatch got possessed but this could just be him looking up and seeing Tanaraq, as his hand kind of overlaps the "Tanaraq face" panel.

What do you guys think?

Either that or an unconcious Sas with Tanaraq bearing down on him, about to do that possessing thing. Makes you wonder what could happen if that was the case. Can't see Nelvanna or the Northern Gods being to impressed with Snowbirds old body being used by a Great Beast.
    Del

I'm thinking full on possession! He starts with a nuclear symbol in his pupil, denoting his origin, however that seems to fade and become something else. Perhaps we're witnessing Sasquatch becoming a vessel for Tanaraq. I hope that's not haw it turns out, but it certainly could be.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"