Thread: Awesome please do that to me!

Default Awesome please do that to me!

Rant Warning.....

So I currently attend Oklahoma Christian University. I have a scholarship there for 5 grand because of accademics and spent a year workign with all my might to stay above a 3.0 to keep it, and ended up with a yearly GPA of a 3.7.. I went above and beyond. I knew aslong as I got that we could afford the school. Well guess what? because my mom got a very minimal raise we lost all our grants, so now that 5 grand is worthless compared to the 12 grand we owe in replacement to the grants. Awesome.. please screw me over royally.. I love how you're screwed if you're middle class american.

On a lighter note I saw transformers last night at 8:05 and it was AWESOME

Default Re: Awesome please do that to me!

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    Rant Warning.....

So I currently attend Oklahoma Christian University. I have a scholarship there for 5 grand because of accademics and spent a year workign with all my might to stay above a 3.0 to keep it, and ended up with a yearly GPA of a 3.7.. I went above and beyond. I knew aslong as I got that we could afford the school. Well guess what? because my mom got a very minimal raise we lost all our grants, so now that 5 grand is worthless compared to the 12 grand we owe in replacement to the grants. Awesome.. please screw me over royally.. I love how you're screwed if you're middle class american.

That sucks.... University is too expensive, that's why I'm taking mine from home. I considered doing the 4-years 27,000 dollar debt thing (even with a scholarship), but then decided against it.

Sorry to hear that Smurf. Assuming the school can't be reasoned with, can you take your story to the media and publically tear them a new one?

Default Re: Awesome please do that to me!

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    Rant Warning.....

It truly is a crime when someone who wants and deserves to go to school can not. Another example of how the system is broken. Best of luck Smurf I hope it all works out for the best for you.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Smurf, move to Australia. School's much cheaper here...
    Of course, you may owe our gov't money for years, but you'll get the edjycaishun laik whut ai dud.

(There's Moore Theological College in Sydney, it's supposed to be good. Moore? What is it good for? Absolutely nuthin! ... sorry... I wouldn't have done that, but Edwin Starr's War was playing on my iPod as I typed.)

- Le Messor
    "Get your own human plaything!"
    - Bernard Black