Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tough Competition for OF #4

Default Tough Competition for OF #4

Yesh! just realized how many big name comic books are come out the same day as Omega #4. Hopefully it does well.

I think he means that the week that OF #4 is due out there is a list of some of Marvels heavy hitters due out the same day. I doubt that will have much impact on sales as I doubt many people would buy three issues of a limited and then leave the remainder.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    I think he means that the week that OF #4 is due out there is a list of some of Marvels heavy hitters due out the same day.
    Bingo, such things as Thor, Fallen Son, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    I think he means that the week that OF #4 is due out there is a list of some of Marvels heavy hitters due out the same day.
    Bingo, such things as Thor, Fallen Son, etc.
    Fallen Son? meh, who buys this? I don't see any copies leaving my LCSs. Those who pick up Thor probably like BRBill and want to know what happened to him at the end of #3. I'm sure they'll sell out again.

Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Fallen Son? meh, who buys this? I don't see any copies leaving my LCSs. Those who pick up Thor probably like BRBill and want to know what happened to him at the end of #3. I'm sure they'll sell out again.
    Fallen Son has been like the number one seller for like 2-3 months in a row. It's doing insanely well, far better then it should be.

Sadly most think of Bill as Thor lite and don't like him. Bah! I say to that.

Personally Im a fanatic and will be buying all of the above.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

I've bought two issues of Fallen Son and have hated all but one. I don't get how people like it. I thought the Hawkeye one was okay, thats it. I bought the Spiderman one after reading the bit about Rhino's mom cuz it looked like it could be interesting. But it sucked.

Fallen Son has been like the number one seller for like 2-3 months in a row. It's doing insanely well, far better then it should be.
    Seriously? I don't think one copy of FS sold in this town while I can't find a copy of Omega Flight anywhere. To each his own, I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Seriously? I don't think one copy of FS sold in this town while I can't find a copy of Omega Flight anywhere. To each his own, I guess!
    Sadly yes, it's dominating the market right now. My LCS has a few copies left as well with none OF left. It's like selling over 100,000 issues while OF sells roughly 50,000

I'm getting Fallen Son, which I'm really digging. I'm also planning on getting Thor - it looks great. I'll probably buy multiples of Omega Flight though.

Marvel's really putting out some good stuff lately. A lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Rook
    I'm getting Fallen Son, which I'm really digging. I'm also planning on getting Thor - it looks great. I'll probably buy multiples of Omega Flight though.

Marvel's really putting out some good stuff lately. A lot!
    Fallen Son has been better than expected. Characterisation and eploration of the theme and stages of grief, in a comic book no less. Quite a literary idea really. From Marvel. Who'd a thunk it?!?

Odd there hasn't been more preview pages for #4, usually we get multiple pages and with the dialogue by now.

Odd there hasn't been more preview pages for #4, usually we get multiple pages and with the dialogue by now.
    Maybe there's more revelations in this one.