Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank You Alphaflight.net

Default Thank You Alphaflight.net

I wanna say thank you to each and everyone of you who post on these boards. I am 31 years old and have been collecting comics since I was at least 7-8 years old. It has been my weekly moment of zen every wednesday since than and will be till the day I move on to the next plane of existance. Throughout that time the one thing I have loved just as much as reading my comics is talking about them. By and large most internet message boards are filled with negative unitelligent garbage. It drives me crazy. Since finding this sight in April of 2007 I have found a place outside of the norm. I have found a place where fans of an amazing and unique genre of storytelling have gathered to talk about something they love. I work ALOT of hours. The very thing I do before I leave before work and come home from it. Is look for anything new here. I have never in the 20+ years of my enjoying this genre found such an educated and generally positive group of fans. Despite the negatives that have surrounded the publication of Alpha Flight. What with its cancellations and sometimes mudled continunity. The majority of the people here have maintained faith and a positive spirit about something that we all love. Thank you. Thank you for giving me something to look foward to every day. Thank you for showing me that there are others out there who appreciate something I love so dearly. I have complete and utter faith that Omega will be made an ongoing series and I look foward to discussing it with you all. Because there are no better fans than there are right here.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

I shall take full credit and with confidence say..."your welcome"

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I used to read a lot of comments about what a great forum this one is, and I wondered why people kept saying that.
    Since then, I've joined other fora.

Now I know. :/
    In fact, I plan to quit two later today. But this one is amazing. No, it's not just amazing... It's amazingly amazing!

- Le Messor
    "Enjoy the universe - it's the only one you're likely to experience."

This is a pretty awesome forum. I'm always thankful to the guys and gals who make it possible: the admins, the techies who build and maintain the features, the fans who love Alpha Flight, the lurkers who pipe in now and then, everyone.

Should you feel compelled to pay back this site, consider contributing to the reviews, regular columns, cover scans, or the Alphanex. There's plenty of stuff to do around here!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Such a good forum that I'm addicted to it.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    But this one is amazing. No, it's not just amazing... It's amazingly amazing!
    it kicks the @$$ out of every other forum! i've missed it all week since i've been home and my familiy's poor internet connection doesnt allow me to even read emails luckily I have friends with good connections!
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

Thank you for the kind words, Dfense 75. I love this forum, also; and it's one I visit daily, myself. It is an important part of the day!

PS: So you live in New Jersey? That's wonderful! Whereabouts do you live? (If I'm not being a nosy parker. ) I grew up in Leonia, and my parents still live there. Hello to a fellow New Jerseyite!

All I can say is Wolverine rules! and everybody else SUCKS!!!! Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah!

OK I couldn't pass up the opportunity. My posting has definitely fallen off a bit of late, but I also hit this forun regularly throughout the day. There are some great people and personalities on this forum that I've grown fond of over the many years I've been visiting. I hope that in another 10 years or so all of you newbies are feeling the same way about this group of folks. It's incredibly positive around here, sometimes a little too positive, but who doesn't need that in today's world? As long as I can come here and find a witty quip from Del or a well argued point from Dana, I'll be back. A lot of incredible talent has posted here as well. There's a wealth of knowledge, many great Fanfics, awesome fan art (and some professional too). Overall, just a great thing to be a part of.

Tom
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

Quote Originally Posted by birdygirl
    Thank you for the kind words, Dfense 75. I love this forum, also; and it's one I visit daily, myself. It is an important part of the day!

PS: So you live in New Jersey? That's wonderful! Whereabouts do you live? (If I'm not being a nosy parker. ) I grew up in Leonia, and my parents still live there. Hello to a fellow New Jerseyite!
    Hey birdy I currently live in West Orange...about a block away from where the New Jersey Devils practice. I work in Wayne. I know Leonia. I used to live in Allendale. I believe Leonia and Allendale are both in Bergen County.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Thanks for all the positive comments folks! Thought I'm REALLY busy these days, and don't get to contribute so much myself, it's very rewarding knowing that others are enjoying the experience.

Ben

I have to agree that the folks hereabouts a good peoples. The only other forum that I ever been on that compares is the unmoderated Classic Marvel RPG forum.

Good people, all of the ya! Thanks!

I've been with this group, in one incarnation or another, off-and-on (depending on internet access, which, sadly, I'm known to disappear for months at a time) for damn-near 10 years (God, that's hard to believe), and I can honestly say, I've never met a group of people that compare, either online or in that stupid place we call "real life".

If I had a drink in my hand, I'd raise it in salute to you all.

Cheers!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Tell the bar keep to put it on my tab, so you can raise a real glass! I'm good for it!
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

Seriously it's sites like this one where I'm glad to have the internet.

Cheers everyone.