Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Silence is Deafening

He's aided and abetted by none other than Scott Kolins, using the groundbreaking new style he's employed in the sold-out OMEGA FLIGHT series! 'Nuff said!
    Yah, I know, this means nothing. But at least the copywriter didn't say, "sold-out OMEGA FLIGHT limited series!"

Wait and see if the principles have a clue about the future, or is Joe Q and Marvel in general due for more vitriol from Flight fans....
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Sorry to be a bit OT, but I did spy the Earth X book in the Sep solicits. I always liked that storyline and I'm glad they are publishing this book.

http://marvel.com/catalog/?book_id=7286

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    knowing marvel they would like to re-launch it as a new #1, so seeing it in sept's solicits is unlikely.

i agree though. not hearing anything from mike/scott/reber is a little odd.

although, mike did say he was meeting with the editors for a "omega party"
    And all in all, I think restarting from number one with an ongoing would be a good idea.

All the slow pacing complaints that people have about the current series wouldn't apply to a new series that starts with the team already assembled and ready to go. Plus, it would give Omega another #1 issue, and people generally seem to be more willing to experiment with first issues of new series.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus
    Plus, it would give Omega another #1 issue, and people generally seem to be more willing to experiment with first issues of new series.
    This is true. If it just kept going the psychology would be "well I didn't like this series before, I won't like it now." But with a new number one people get the idea that its totally unrelated to the past series.

SOLUTION:

ALL COMICS SHALL NOW END AFTER 23 AND ONE HALF ISSUES.

Did you all see this post? Not exactly silence...not exactly what we want to hear...spelled out anyway...but something:
    http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtop...?p=29119#29119

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kolins
    Sorry to be away so long. I just finished drawing #5.

Glad most of you seem to be really enjoying the series. There's some great stuff coming up. Each issue feels stronger to me and I hope you all will agree. I'm proud of this series and I think it goes a long way to rebuilding this portion of the Marvel universe - a portion I'm particularly fond of.

Now it's true that my next gig is a Wolverine arc starting in Septmeber, but know that Marvel has heard your voice and recognizes that there's gold in these hills. So I don't imagine it'll be too long before you hear what comes next - and hopefully I'll be along for the ride.

Best,

scottk.

well sounds like a relaunch without a creative team secured. i hope mike and scott get to enjoy the seeds they have planted.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    well sounds like a relaunch without a creative team secured. i hope mike and scott get to enjoy the seeds they have planted.
    Hell, I hope we get to.