Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Silence is Deafening

Default The Silence is Deafening

So funny how we haven't heard from ANY of the creative team for how long now. Do you think this is a good sign or a sign that things are not going well and they would rather not give us the bad news until the series is over so that it doesn't have an impact on whatever enjoyment that we may be getting out of it?
    Nevermind the fact that Ben seems to be absent as well...and wasn't he going to be posting interviews regarding the creative team's take on each OF character? Whatever happened to those? Makes you wonder what is going on...

I'm assuming, good or bad news, they can't say anything yet.

I would expect news within the next 2 weeks. The solicits for September will be released soon. That will be very telling. Retailers need that news for their orders. So if we have Omega in Sept. We should know soon.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    I would expect news within the next 2 weeks. The solicits for September will be released soon. That will be very telling. Retailers need that news for their orders. So if we have Omega in Sept. We should know soon.
    If it moves to an ongoing I doubt it will continue straight through though. There probably would be a break unless the creative team was informed in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    If it moves to an ongoing I doubt it will continue straight through though. There probably would be a break unless the creative team was informed in advance.
    Yep, I highly doubt we would see it in the solicts for sept.

I can see no reason for them not announcing something positive while the mini is still selling and is over half done. I can't see them telling us it's the end of Omega before the mini is over though, because people will just drop it like flies. Hense, I see bad news ahead. But that's just me.

IF an Omega Flight book was going to be published in Sept. It would HAVE to be in the SEPT solicits. For all intents an purposes it is ending in AUG. It is currently in Mini status and the final issue ships in Aug. If there is no Omega book in the Sept solicits than there sadly wont be an Omega book in Sept. They already gave us the let down and lowering of our expectations by lowering it to a mini. The only REAL news would be an ongoing. If it is to stay a mini they wont say a thing. By it being in mini status alleviates them from having to say anything else negative. This way if the book does well and they decide ongoing status the only news is it will be ongoing.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.

Yeah, I agree with what you all said.
    Sadly, I agree.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

knowing marvel they would like to re-launch it as a new #1, so seeing it in sept's solicits is unlikely.

i agree though. not hearing anything from mike/scott/reber is a little odd.

although, mike did say he was meeting with the editors for a "omega party"

What I mean is this. Comic stores depend on the solicits for their ordering process. Comic book store owners know what we know. IF any Omega book was coming out in Sept it would have to be there. If they are starting it at #1 or continuing to #6 in Sept it would be counter productive to not list it as a Sept release. If its not there than Comic stores would not order it. This is how my LCS owner has explained the process to me. So if there is going to be a book in Sept we will get an announcement with in the next 2 weeks. I do agree that it will probably be a new issue #1 when and if we get an ongoing. If we dont get an announcement in the next 2 weeks but we are still gonna get an ongoing. Than it wont be in Sept. They may take a few months off than re-release it.

I'm just working a ton right now. I'm working on OF, X-Factor, and Captain America: The Chosen which is a pretty full load for me. Skott is busy finishing up OF and working on his Wolverine arc. None of us have any news though. I'd be the last to know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Reber
    I'm just working a ton right now. I'm working on OF, X-Factor, and Captain America: The Chosen which is a pretty full load for me. Skott is busy finishing up OF and working on his Wolverine arc. None of us have any news though. I'd be the last to know anything.
    Thanks for the heads up. We really appreciate hearing from you guys. We're all hoping for the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Reber
    Thought I'd mention, in addition to your OF work, your work on X-Factor rocks as well.

Reber commented me on Devart saying check out Cap. No word on OF though..
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

Sept solicits are all but out. Marvel as of late does theirs last. They come out with a preview first. Which is out now. Than the full solicit in a few days.