Poll: Will the Alphans who died turn out to have been Skrulls?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Okay, Marvel has an out to bring back AF...

No implication at all, just stating what is now an established fact, Mik is Australian and a Skrull. Oh and having met him, I can also state that his eyes are to far apart.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

haha
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Not for all of Alpha Flight.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    ...I doubt they'll do it for AF though.
    But for some of them yes, to keep readers guessing and create buzz as to who was a Skrull and who wasn't. Whenever a new Editor in Chief assumes command, that would be a good time to hit the reset button, if tptb decide to do it.

I just wish MARVEL would stop %*!@ing with Alpha Flight.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

I reverse my decision. I think that it will have turned out that James Hudson was a skrull. Mostly because having his death dicked around with is what JH does best.

Default Re: Okay, Marvel has an out to bring back AF...

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    I really hope they won't...It's an awful, dreadful, horrible, terrible idea (No offense is meant toward you for posting this, Legerd).
    None taken, I was just wondering if anyone thought Marvel would use this as a way to bring back AF.
    Unfortunately/fortunately(depending on how you look at it) I don't think AF ranks high enough with Marvel for them to worry about brining them back. However, for other characters I can definitely see Marvel doing this for other, more popular, characters. They have used some pretty cheesy excuses/tricks before, as have other comics publishers, and they will do it again.
    I am still upset about the whole Ben Reily/ Pete & MJ's baby /Death of Aunt May ordeal and quit reading Spiderman because it. So Marvel has no qualms about totally messing with continuity just to bring back/get rid of a character.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Beta Ray Daz
    Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    And an Australian Skrull at that
    what are you implying ay mate?
    You sound like those people who still think John Howard is one of you.

... I've said too much.

The question becomes this: if some people have been replaced with Skrulls, then what's happenned to the originals? Are they dead? Do the Skrulls have them imprisoned somewhere?

Skrulls become Skrull-like when impersonating someone when they are then killed. Didn't happen in the AF scene in NA. And I think someone in SHIELD would have noticed a pile of dead Skrulls where a dead AF was supposed to be...

That's a good point, but the question remains that other people in Omega Flight could be Skrulls -

Quote Originally Posted by leonmallett
    Skrulls become Skrull-like when impersonating someone when they are then killed. Didn't happen in the AF scene in NA. And I think someone in SHIELD would have noticed a pile of dead Skrulls where a dead AF was supposed to be...
    Not in all cases. When Wolverine was being impersonated it was by a Skrull whose appearance was locked so he couldn't change even when he died. It was only after a thorough autopsy that the X-men even realized that something was wrong with "Wolverine" and discovered who he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    Quote Originally Posted by leonmallett
    Not in all cases. When Wolverine was being impersonated it was by a Skrull whose appearance was locked so he couldn't change even when he died. It was only after a thorough autopsy that the X-men even realized that something was wrong with "Wolverine" and discovered who he was.
    Thanks for that. Interesting....

I thought that Bendis said that one of the rules for this storyline would be that Skrulls turned 'Skrull' when they died...

Quote Originally Posted by Rook
    I thought that Bendis said that one of the rules for this storyline would be that Skrulls turned 'Skrull' when they died...
    Oh, that I didn't hear about. Stupid Bendis, always making up new rules.

Maybe one of the AP guys that got spleeged is lying with their face and skin buried in the snow, and when C.S.I.S. moved in to clean up they found a dead skrull in someone's uniform and then they kept it a state secret...

...maybe