Poll: Will the Alphans who died turn out to have been Skrulls?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay, Marvel has an out to bring back AF...

Default Okay, Marvel has an out to bring back AF...

Will they take it?

From Newsarama:

NRAMA: Joe, you mention often that Marvel does not have Crises, but theoretically, if any character has the potential to be or have been a Skrull, this would completely change any major event affecting or that has been affected by said character.

In other words, this could potentially undo anything that has ever happened to any character, and it could give you the opportunity to push the reset button for anyone and anything in the Marvel Universe. Iron Man’s “debatable” actions during Civil War? Skrull. Steve Rogers dead? Skrull.
    [laughs].
    Will it be revealed that the Alphans who died were Skrulls? After all, some of them did go out into space where the Skrulls could have captured and replaced them. What do you folks think?

While I would be happy to have had them not die. I think the more likely scenario would be to have them return via the Infinity Gems. Currently the Illuminati have possesion of them. Iron Man in paticular has possesion of the reality gem. I think when his downfall comes about he is going to attempt to fix things that have occured in the past few years. Perhaps we will see their return that way or something like it.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

NA 31 Spoilers:

This was just done in NA. Elektra was a Skrull.

I doubt they'll do it for AF though.

Default Re: Okay, Marvel has an out to bring back AF...

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    Will they take it?

From Newsarama:
    NRAMA: Joe, you mention often that Marvel does not have Crises, but theoretically, if any character has the potential to be or have been a Skrull, this would completely change any major event affecting or that has been affected by said character.

In other words, this could potentially undo anything that has ever happened to any character, and it could give you the opportunity to push the reset button for anyone and anything in the Marvel Universe. Iron Man’s “debatable” actions during Civil War? Skrull. Steve Rogers dead? Skrull.
    [laughs].
    OH. MY. GOD....That is one of the stupidest and laziest ideas I have heard in a long time...Just when I think Marvel can't sink any lower, they surprise me...Bravo...

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    Will it be revealed that the Alphans who died were Skrulls? After all, some of them did go out into space where the Skrulls could have captured and replaced them. What do you folks think?
    I really hope they won't...It's an awful, dreadful, horrible, terrible idea (No offense is meant toward you for posting this, Legerd).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Marvel isnt going to use it as an out. We are going to find over the next year or so that spread out through the Marvel U are some spies. People in key positions and maybe even a few heroes. This idea began in Illuminati #1. Since the Skrull defeat in the Kree/Skrull war way back when. They have had this long reaching "master" plan to conquer Earth. The reveal at the end of NA#31 was to show that the plan is about to be revealed.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.

Default Re: Okay, Marvel has an out to bring back AF...

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    I really hope they won't...It's an awful, dreadful, horrible, terrible idea (No offense is meant toward you for posting this, Legerd).
    None taken, I was just wondering if anyone thought Marvel would use this as a way to bring back AF.

My guess when they undo the House of M thing and return to having large numbers of mutants, and to Peter Parker having a secret ID, the same thing will allow Alpha Flight to be in the land of the living.

Quote Originally Posted by leonmallett
    My guess when they undo the House of M thing and return to having large numbers of mutants, and to Peter Parker having a secret ID, the same thing will allow Alpha Flight to be in the land of the living.
    Hmmm.. I can see Peter saying "I was taken over by a Skrull and so was Spiderman" and that he got replaced that way.

You know, I'D LIKE to believe that the Alpha that got waxed were Skrulls.... but what about Sasquatch?

Also, given how shocked they were by the outcry when the team was cavalierly massacred, I have to conclude it wasn;t something they thought would matter.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Quote Originally Posted by Transmetropolitan
    You know, I'D LIKE to believe that the Alpha that got waxed were Skrulls.... but what about Sasquatch?

Also, given how shocked they were by the outcry when the team was cavalierly massacred, I have to conclude it wasn;t something they thought would matter.
    As I said, some of them were in space (Sas not being one of them) and could have been replaced then. And now that there has been an outcry, and having the chance to "fix" their earlier mistake, would they use this as the way to do it?

Hope not, everyone seems pretty disappointed with the "big suprise' that came out of New Avengers #31, I think it'd be a stupid idea to turn up here, would Oeming really do that to us?
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

Le Messor our very own "Harvester of Sorrow". Has claimed to me on more than one occasion he is "not human". Im calling him out right here and now. LE MESSOR IS A SKRULL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    Le Messor our very own "Harvester of Sorrow". Has claimed to me on more than one occasion he is "not human". Im calling him out right here and now. LE MESSOR IS A SKRULL!!
    That's true, he has said that. I thought he was joking...

SKRULL! SKRULL! LE MESSOR IS A SKRULL!!

And an Australian Skrull at that
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    And an Australian Skrull at that
    what are you implying ay mate?
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz