Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And the first crossover is with...

The only mutants who won't regain their powers are the ones nobody wants to use in their stories.
    Wow. With all due "respect", what the bleep is Marvel thinking?

Now I know why I got out of comics for so many years. And why, when I was drawn back in, I preferred the other/smaller companies that had started up over the Big Two.

Lame, lame, lame.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    All mutants where automatically registered against their will as soon as the SHRA went into effect. There are only 198 left and of course SHIELD has them all on file.
    There are more than 198 mutants, D...That was just an early estimate after M day. Many depowered mutants also have already been re-empowered in various ways...Including Quicksilver, Magneto, Professor Xavier, the Blob, Callisto, Fatale, Polaris, Feral, Thorrn, Wild Child, Harpoon, etc...etc...

The whole Decimation thing was a cheap gimmick on Marvel's part...Most depowered mutants will soon have their powers back (probably before 2007 ends).

The only mutants who won't regain their powers are the ones nobody wants to use in their stories.

Dana
    I just said 198 as that is the number that is thrown out there ATM
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Dana
    Or are currently on the New Warriors (Sophia, Beak, its looking like Jubilee is Wondra.)

mmm..don't know... i like the thunderbolts thing, but i think i'd like more something with li, i dunno, the initiative or the mighty avengers...

I came back to life through an ocean of fire, flames passion and glory....

T-Bolts story is a good idea. The Thunderbolts are fun in that they like to throw their weight around and get in people's faces and try and make them respect their authori-TYE!

Having Omega Flight ordered to work with them at first and then having it break down would be a fun ride.

I would also like to see USAgent's conflict in such a scenario. He would have to have some conflict between his loyalty to his team, and loyalty to his homeland - the T-Bolts may be murdering scum, but they are there on behalf of Uncle Sam!

It's a bit harsh to cry foul over mutants creeping back into the Marvel U. The X-titles have always been one of Marvel's cornerstones, and you have to let the writers have the freedom to make good stories. It can't always be about mythology building, sometimes it has to be just about drama and suspense and of course, surprising comebacks!

House of M did manage to reduce the insane numbers of Mutants running around...

Quote Originally Posted by Rook
    T-Bolts story is a good idea. The Thunderbolts are fun in that they like to throw their weight around and get in people's faces and try and make them respect their authori-TYE!

Having Omega Flight ordered to work with them at first and then having it break down would be a fun ride.

I would also like to see USAgent's conflict in such a scenario. He would have to have some conflict between his loyalty to his team, and loyalty to his homeland - the T-Bolts may be murdering scum, but they are there on behalf of Uncle Sam!
    It would be a nice throwback to the days when every crossover between heroes either ended or started in a fight. I liked those days. Though with OF it would probably be like:

OF to other team: Stop!
    Next Panel: OF is all knocked unconsious.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller

Dana
    Or are currently on the New Warriors (Sophia, Beak, its looking like Jubilee is Wondra.)
    Ah...But in a way, they're being repowered (or given new powers/tech, etc...), right?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Rook
    It's a bit harsh to cry foul over mutants creeping back into the Marvel U. The X-titles have always been one of Marvel's cornerstones, and you have to let the writers have the freedom to make good stories. It can't always be about mythology building, sometimes it has to be just about drama and suspense and of course, surprising comebacks!

House of M did manage to reduce the insane numbers of Mutants running around...
    It did, initially...But over a dozen depowered mutants have already regained their powers, facimiles of their powers or been given new powers, etc...

Several new mutants have appeared after M Day(Michael Pointer/new Guardian in Omega Flight/formerly the Collective is a prominant one). They've stated that there are no more mutant births (since M day), but that doesn't mean there haven't been several hundred or several thousand mutants born before the M event, that haven't lose their powers. The 198 number was always meant to be an early estimate of the surviving mutant population (I think they've already surpassed that number). The majority of those 198 mutants were born and reside in North America...Why is that? I think it's incredibly odd that almost every foreign mutant lost their powers (except the major super power countries).

Who actually thinks characters like the Scarlet Witch and Jubilee will stay powerless permanently?

It seems to me, the mutant population is growing once again...And very quickly too. The only reason, I may be "crying foul" (as you put it)...Is because Joe Q had said that mutants losing their powers was to be a long-term/"for the forseeable future"/permanent state of affairs (this is obviously, not the case). Remember Joe saying years ago that from then on at Marvel "dead means dead"...That didn't last.

Dana

Back to the subject...

An Avengers/Omega Flight crossover might work.

Dana