Thread: Andy Schmidt Leaves Marvel

Default Andy Schmidt Leaves Marvel

He wants to be a freelance writer and stay-at-home dad. Sooo... No more Andy Schmidt on Omega Flight I guess. Whether that bodes good or bad I don't know. I'm guessing bad.

Link!
    http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=116138

Yeah tough to figure how this will effect things.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

thats 2 omega has lost.

maybe the next one will be a old school alpha fan that wants a true original re-launch.

or maybe he loves omega and wants to see the series continue.

*shrugs* who knows.

Could be Joe Q and Tom aren't getting along with some, maybe, though I doubt that. OF fans lost Andy and before that it was Mike Martz, who make no bones about being an AF-OF ongoing supporter.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Default Re: Andy Schmidt Leaves Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    He wants to be a freelance writer and stay-at-home dad. Sooo... No more Andy Schmidt on Omega Flight I guess. Whether that bodes good or bad I don't know. I'm guessing bad.

Link!
    http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=116138
    In an interview I conducted with him about OF going mini:

[Schmidt, Andy] Actually, yes. I’m an ALPHA FLIGHT fan myself, so I knew how I felt when it came up for discussion. I totally understand that reaction, but on the other hand, I’m also aware that I’m personally better suited to build a limited series than an ongoing.

Ben

Better suited to a limited series than an ongoing...Hurm...Oeming in Canada for a celebration of sorts...Hurm...My inner Rorschach is telling me we could be getting some good news soon.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    Better suited to a limited series than an ongoing...Hurm...Oeming in Canada for a celebration of sorts...Hurm...My inner Rorschach is telling me we could be getting some good news soon.
    Do we know if Oeming is making an appearance at Wizard Philly or Heroes Con?

i believe he said he was on his forums.

i really am stumped that no news came about omega flight at a canadian comic-con with the series writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Primate
    He will be in Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Primate
    He will be in Philly.
    maybe we'll hear something from Philly

There was an online video interview with Oeming on the Wizard site while he was in Philly. He hinted at nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    very old (last november) video.
    Didnt notice it was that old. They posted that on their site only a few days ago.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default OF # 3's Assistant Editor is Will Panzo...

...while Daniel Ketchum was the Assistant Editor for #'s 1 and 2. Don't know if this makes much difference, but there is a noticable out-of-syncness in # 3 that wasn't as evident in #'s 1 and 2.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.