Thread: Browsing ebay..

Default Browsing ebay..

So far in my Alpha collection I have:
    - Vol 1. #18-33
    - Uncanny X-Men #120-121
    - X-Men / Alpha Flight, Vol. 2 #1

My problem is i'd like to expand my collection and i'm struggling to put together Vol. 1 #1-17 from my regular stores.. Only finding about six or so issues, I've found some of Vol 2. & 3. but i'm not sure if they're worth purchasing.

So i'm just after some opinions/recommendations about what I should be getting my hands on and what you think of these few ebay finds.. I know the Byrne Alpha Flight Classic Vol 1. GN is now out with issues #1-8 but i'm really hoping to get the individual comics..

Here's a couple of items I found when browsing Ebay, what do you guys think?
    ALPHA FLIGHT Vol. 1 #1-2: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2-ALPHA-FLIGH...QQcmdZViewItem

ALPHA FLIGHT Vol. 1 #1-9:
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Marvel-Comics...QQcmdZViewItem

ALPHA FLIGHT LIMITED SERIES #1-4 (1991):
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ALPHA-FLIGHT-...QQcmdZViewItem

ALPHA FLIGHT Vol 2 #1-10:
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/10-X-Marvel-C...QQcmdZViewItem

Suggestions and feedback would be much appreciated!
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

thanks guys!
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

Bit late on this, but if I was you I'd go with the Vol 1 1-9.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

thanks mate, i appreciate it
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Comic Kingdom in Sydney is a very good place for back issues. (The one in the alley behind Hoyts Cinema on George Street. Lots of great back issues, horrible customer service; it's like shopping at Black Books.) I believe Minotaur in Melbourne is good, too.

I, personally, refuse to use e-Bay, especially as an Australian. I think they have very, very poor customer service.

- Le Messor
    "Eat a live toad first thing in the morning, and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day."

Yeah, I haven't bought comics on Ebay before.. Don't get up to Sydney much but next time I do, i'll check it out, especially if Manny's behind the counter, haha. Minotaur is terrible- barely any back issues, mainly merchandise, manga & brand new comics.. not my cup of tea at all. Comics R Us (main store's on Bourke St.) & Classic Comics (just of Bourke) are fantastic if you're ever south of the border. Thanks for advice mate
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Cool. You're more likely to get Bernard.

I've only heard of Minotaur, not been, so I didn't know...

I was quite pleased to pick up volume 1 1-60 and annuals 1 and 2 last week. V-FN, but that is okay they are for reading and the price/shipping combined seemed fair for what I got. I loved reading these books back in the day and had lost those I had, plus some I never owned in the first place (reading a friend's copies), so I was pleased with the haul.

the hardest for me to get is the issues 11-13 and the later issues about after 50, your best bet is to either got for the 1-9 unless of which you have most of those, or you can go for the 4 issue limited series