Some of this has been touched on before, and though I think you(Matty) have a good attitude about the new Alpha/Omega Flight books regardless of your feelings towards US Agent, the fact remains that odds are this new version of Alpha Flight will fail.

I know what most of you might feel about that idea, but from what I have seen and read it continues to look more and more probable. I love the new books, I love long and drawn out stories, and I love a motley crew of unlikely heroes working together. It's a great series.

When we all think of Alpha Flight it brings about waves of pride, hell it was half the reason I even liked most of the characters as much as I do. But in this situation, in our own real world, this series needs all the help it can get. I mean that in the best possible way, mind you. The old Alpha Flight formula is flawed and it has shown in the last 2 versions. What I feel sets this apart from the rest is that instead of just pulling new Canadian characters out of thin air, or just repacking the old ones (like they did with Jeffries in V.2), they are using pre-established cult-favorites to revitalize the series. I personally like US Agent a lot, and really dislike Captain America. Just my personal tastes. There are also a lot of people out there that dislike AF only because they are Canadian. (Read other forums, it's true)

In the last few months I have been bringing each and every OF book to my work, handing it around to all my tech support buddies who used to read comics, and trying to get them back in the genre. The response has been good, but not great. AF will never be like it was. (Manikin will never come back except for in my own comic wish list)

In the end I think we all need to swallow our own pride like bitter tasting medicine, knowing that when it begins to work it will be worth it.