Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Warriors #1

2 things that occur to me - one is for him to be unregistered and throw some confusion into the mix.

The second thought is that writers may be a bit inconsistent, and of course that would never happen!

Actually a third thing that occurred to me was that maybe in some linked to Dwayne's death some level of wealth (insurance?) has come Bandit's way.

I can go with the insurance thing, but doubt Bandit would suddenly come over all righteous. His sole motivation was to cause pain and humiliation to Dwayne at every opportunity. Also he never struck me as much of a street fighter, relying on his mutant powers. Not sure if he was de-powered after House of M?

Not saying it isn't him, but it's going to have to be some back story to make it believable.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    I can go with the insurance thing, but doubt Bandit would suddenly come over all righteous. His sole motivation was to cause pain and humiliation to Dwayne at every opportunity. Also he never struck me as much of a street fighter, relying on his mutant powers. Not sure if he was de-powered after House of M?

Not saying it isn't him, but it's going to have to be some back story to make it believable.
    If it is Bandit, he may not be what he seeems, as in he may not be on tthe side of right (I'm still with cap as far as CW goes BTW!). It isn't logical to be Bandit I know, but we all know that hasn't always stopped comic book writers...

Fair comment.

Comics Writer : 'Continuity ? Ain't no such word in my dictionary Bub'.

If it is Bandit (Donnell or something like that iirc) then it would at least give a way for Sil to appear. I think she remained powered after 'House of M', so it would be good to see her.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Was Silhouette a mutant with he shadow powers (long time since I read those issues!)?

Yup, her shadow melting ability was a mutation. Her Brother was also a Mutant, but not absolutely sure what his power was. Looking like a dork with a ponytail may have been it.
    Del

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Midnight's Fire had (I believe) enhanced agility, speed, maybe strength. You know, that old chestnut. The power you're having when you're not having powers.

I've read all of New Warriors, v 1-3, and most of the solo appearances, but I don't think I needed one bit of that knowledge for this issue. (Things that lost me were Academy X, I believe, mutants; but I didn't feel completely lost. I'll have you know I was only mostly lost. Now, if you're completely lost, there's only one thing you can do. Go through the forest and look for loose breadcrumbs.)

I still think, but it's just a bizarre impression, that the new Night Thrasher is white. Is Bandit? I dunno, I don't suppose it makes that much diff; it's an art thing.

- Le Messor
    "EIEIO is a gross mispelling of the word "farm"."
    - George Carlin (attrib)

You read volume 3, you brave man! Never looked at it myself. Although I have read the majority of the other series including Nova vol 3 which was oh so bad.

As to Thrashman being white, maybe, but if I was a betting man I'd be putting my dosh on Aegis. Seems to be the in thing this year, putting newbies into established costumes.
    Del

Images

My sum up of NW v3:
    idea: horrible.
    art: horrible.
    writing: excellent.

It surprised me.
    (The art might've been good, but it's cartoony, and I really, really can't stand that in a superhero book.)

Looking at that pic again, I'm gonna change my mind; Night Thrasher is a member of a race. Or multiple races. I won't go beyond that.
    don't know where I got 'white' from.

- Le Messor
    "Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped."
    - Groucho Marx in A Day at the Races

From what I've heard vol 3 was probably better than vol 2, but I really couldn't get my head around the art so didn't bother. The first few pages of Civil War #1 seemed to give a good sunnation of what occured in vol 3 so I don't feel I missed anything.

Out of the Warrior afilliated books out there Nova, New Warriors, Loners and New Avengers (?). I only pick up three and the Warrior book hasn't had time to convince me it's a better read than Nova or Loners. A lot of the complaints I've heard about Warriors is that the dialogue is very unconvincing. My only quibble would be the slow pacing, but it has time.
    Del

Images

From what I've heard vol 3 was probably better than vol 2, but I really couldn't get my head around the art so didn't bother.
    More memorable, certainly. And, I don't blame you. I really, really, didn't like the art.

Out of the Warrior afilliated books out there Nova, New Warriors, Loners and New Avengers (?).
    New Avengers? How?

I only pick up three and the Warrior book hasn't had time to convince me it's a better read than Nova or Loners. My only quibble would be the slow pacing, but it has time.
    Dude, you read Omega Flight! :P

I don't read Loners. How is it? I do read Runaways, which it spun out of.

- Le Messor
    "Either you are part of the solution or you are part of the precipitate."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    From what I've heard vol 3 was probably better than vol 2, but I really couldn't get my head around the art so didn't bother.
    More memorable, certainly. And, I don't blame you. I really, really, didn't like the art.

Out of the Warrior afilliated books out there Nova, New Warriors, Loners and New Avengers (?).

New Avengers? How?
    I know one of the Avengers books has frequent appearences by Justice, may be Initiative, but Justice has been defanged imho. He's not the same person who stood up to an abusing father.

I only pick up three and the Warrior book hasn't had time to convince me it's a better read than Nova or Loners. My only quibble would be the slow pacing, but it has time.
    Dude, you read Omega Flight! :P

I don't read Loners. How is it? I do read Runaways, which it spun out of.

- Le Messor
    "Either you are part of the solution or you are part of the precipitate."
    I read Omega Flight ? Oh yea, but I was reffering to NW affiliated books, but you knew that and was just toying with ny mind.

As for Loners it's a good read and better to me than Runaways which I stopped reading quite a while back. Loners isn't exceptional, but is good solid reading and it has Turbo in it so can't be bad.
    Del

Images

I know one of the Avengers books has frequent appearences by Justice, may be Initiative, but Justice has been defanged imho. He's not the same person who stood up to an abusing father.
    Yes, it's Initiative. He's out of the loop with what's happening to the kids, but it looks like when he gets loopy, he'll start fighting for them. (I suspect that's what they're building to; otherwise, why keep him out of the loop?)

Dude, you read Omega Flight!
    I read Omega Flight ? Oh yea, but I was reffering to NW affiliated books, but you knew that and was just toying with ny mind.
    I know, but I mean... An Omega Flight reader complaining about slow pacing? People who live in glass houses shouldn't play the Rolling Stones.

As for Loners it's a good read and better to me than Runaways which I stopped reading quite a while back. Loners isn't exceptional, but is good solid reading and it has Turbo in it so can't be bad.
    Maybe I should take a look. The art that I've seen has turned me off.

- Le Messor

"You know, Cassandra, from this height...you could really hock a loogie on someone."
    - Wayne Campbell

i wasn't able to look at the art of N.W. vol 3, and then here in Italy it was published in a volume with the mini "Ares" for 25 euro and something.... something like 30 dollars. a waste of money, in my opinion, too much for a story with a bad art.
    but the last week i took new warriors 1... over all, because i love mutant, and there was Sophia...and then him -you know who i mean. M.Day did a great work on him,if my sort-of-boyfriend (long story) was the half of him..i mean, wow...
    it was a nice story, and i'm waiting for next issue to see what will happen!

I came back to life through an ocean of fire, flames passion and glory....

Quote Originally Posted by firestar
    i wasn't able to look at the art of N.W. vol 3, and then here in Italy it was published in a volume with the mini "Ares" for 25 euro and something.... something like 30 dollars. a waste of money, in my opinion, too much for a story with a bad art.
    but the last week i took new warriors 1... over all, because i love mutant, and there was Sophia...and then him -you know who i mean. M.Day did a great work on him,if my sort-of-boyfriend (long story) was the half of him..i mean, wow...
    it was a nice story, and i'm waiting for next issue to see what will happen!
    Hiya Firestar, I take it your referring to Beak? I think any look has got to be better than that Anorexic Chicken thing he had going on.

In case you haven't heard I read of an upcoming appearence by Firestar in the 'Ultimate Universe'. Kinda like an 'Ultimate Spiderman and his Amazing Friends' limited.
    Del