Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Warriors #1

Default New Warriors #1

Anyone else pick it up?
    I wasn't going to but flicked through it in t'shop and really enjoyed it.

Wind Dancer is supposed to be in it right?
    "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"

Yah, Sophia is the main in issue 1 for sure. Alot of people didn't like the drastic changes she and beak went through personality and looks wise, but I think both can be explained away.

Honesty time: I enjoyed this more than OF3, (a much longer read), I highly recommend picking it up. I'm psyched to see Night Thrasher and Sofia kick some @$$.

Ya, she'd probably have to know martial arts or something otherwise the nW'S Wouldn't want her...

but it would be cool if SHE were the new NT, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumori
    Ya, she'd probably have to know martial arts or something otherwise the nW'S Wouldn't want her...

but it would be cool if SHE were the new NT, no?
    It would, but since NT says hi to her at the end of issue one I doubt that happens . I hope she'll get some tech to work with seeing that the NW somehow have the funds to use Teleporters (and I'm so sick of seeing IM blind people with science. Its time anti-reggers struck back with tech or their own.)

Yup...but man...I wish I knew who the new NT was.....o.o
    Maybe it's another depowered Mutant like Specter, Kidogo or someone who survived the assault?

I was pretty impressed with this, Wasn't sure if it would hit the right notes with me.

As to who the new NT is, the only person who springs to mind is Aegis, he has an axe to grind considering what he put up with in the pages of X-Factor. Probably isn't though, too obvious.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I loved this issue honestly. I know no history about the new warriors, but the cover looked interestign so i grabbed it and loved it.. it has suspense and i love the small cracks by the nypd.. and any one else notice the guys from the Avengers: Initiative flying through new york in one of the panals. That was fun to see, esspecially sicnei had just read A:I before this issue.

AVENGER: INITIATIVE SPOILER

Though after reading this issue it makes alot more sense as to why they were chasing spidy in A:I

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    AVENGER: INITIATIVE SPOILER

Though after reading this issue it makes alot more sense as to why they were chasing spidy in A:I
    Explain? I've read both...

My first impression was, the new NT is white. Actually, that's my last impression, since it's on the last page, but it was my first impression of him. (Looks 'him'ish, too.)

- Le Messor
    "Will you join me in Death?"
    - HIM

As a first issue I thought it was decent. I didn't buy it but I read it in the store.

I never read NW before and decided to give it a try and I was totally lost. Not a good way to start if you want to bring new readers to the book.

Quote Originally Posted by mreeez
    I never read NW before and decided to give it a try and I was totally lost. Not a good way to start if you want to bring new readers to the book.
    Really? I picked it up when I got OF3 and I didn't have any trouble, and I didn't know much about them, other than their role in setting off Civil War. It didn't seem like you needed any preexisting knowledge of the various earlier NW teams to follow what was going on here.

Yeah I followed it pretty well having only read bits and pieces of Civil War and The Initiative + having no knowledge of the New warriors at all... i'll pick up the next issue
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

My guess is Bandit - Dwayne's brother.

I thought it might be Bandit, but could think of no reason why he would want to honour his half-brothers memory.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!