Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight #3..Got it

thought you might like this guys.. straight from Reber's Deviantart, claims it's an 'homage to the original "Land of the Great Beasts" page drawn by John Byrne'-
    http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs16/f/20...y_DaiKaiju.jpg

i've also put it in the gallery..
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeO
    Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07
    Woo hoo I've graduated to Beta Flight. Do I get my own costume yet?
    I believe that Aurora makes costumes - or is that only for male superheroes?
    Well, since I am a guy there should be no problem (don't let the avatar fool you).
    Oops. Guilty as charged, of judging a book by it's cover. My bad.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Cool, 'cept they seem to credit Scott with the design of the Realm, rather than Byrne.

I think I preferred it in black and white, but the red works, too.

I had noticed Talisman floating, but not the Bochs screen. Cool. Come, Mrs. Talisman, tally me banana, daylight come and me wan' go home...

I get the feeling that the mini will end with the team forming; which, of course, would've worked a lot better for an ongoing than a mini.
    The loose, 'not-team' feel was how Byrne did it! Difference being, he showed us them as a team.

I liked how Oeming put our concerns in characters' mouths with the Guardian controversy. I felt like he was talking to us.
    However, I didn't like his answers. Nothing in there justified Pointer in the flag; he could wear a different suit over the tech (it was established in v1 #17 that it was just a suit).
    hmm... Agent Brown as Guardian?

- Le Messor
    "Economics is extremely useful as a form of employment for economists."
    - John Kenneth Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Come, Mrs. Talisman, tally me banana, daylight come and me wan' go home...
    haha

beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Gah! You shouldn't have said it three times!

Shouldn't affect you! I hear you're a Skrull!
    lol
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

UH OH!
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

Sorry to be away so long. I just finished drawing #5.

Glad most of you seem to be really enjoying the series. There's some great stuff coming up. Each issue feels stronger to me and I hope you all will agree. I'm proud of this series and I think it goes a long way to rebuilding this portion of the Marvel universe - a portion I'm particularly fond of.

Now it's true that my next gig is a Wolverine arc starting in Septmeber, but know that Marvel has heard your voice and recognizes that there's gold in these hills. So I don't imagine it'll be too long before you hear what comes next - and hopefully I'll be along for the ride.

Best,

scottk.

Scott,
    I think we've all enjoyed the series. We're just all flinching about now waiting for the other foot to drop. Alpha Flight hasn't been treated kindly all that often. You, Oeming, and Reber have definitely done your part to right that wrong. Hopefully you'll be allowed to continue the fix. Your art has been spectacular for the most part (I'd be lying if I said I loved every panel) and very reverent. I have to say the cover to issue #3 is one of my all time favorite covers now! Very Nice Work!The story has been there as well. I'm moving to the camp that would have liked to see the team form more quickly, but the story has been good, so I'm definitely not disappointed. In fact this is probably a much more real look at how a team forms. The characterization and interplay has been great.
    I'll hang around to hear what's next, but hopefully we're not kept in suspense for long! Folks are already speculating no news means bad news! Here's to hoping they're wrong.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kolins
    Now it's true that my next gig is a Wolverine arc starting in Septmeber, but know that Marvel has heard your voice and recognizes that there's gold in these hills. So I don't imagine it'll be too long before you hear what comes next - and hopefully I'll be along for the ride.

Best,

scottk.
    Oh you little tease, I wonder what it could be...
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Thanks for all the positives sir! Somedays, we really need them (even if it is just comics). Cheers!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Now it's true that my next gig is a Wolverine arc starting in Septmeber, but know that Marvel has heard your voice and recognizes that there's gold in these hills.
    Haha, that reminds me of Daniel Way's explanation of why Ghost Rider became an ongoing:

“Marvel was like look, money…money comes out of this hole!”

Sorry to be away so long. I just finished drawing #5.

Glad most of you seem to be really enjoying the series. There's some great stuff coming up. Each issue feels stronger to me and I hope you all will agree. I'm proud of this series and I think it goes a long way to rebuilding this portion of the Marvel universe - a portion I'm particularly fond of.

Best,

scottk.
    Sound like good news! Im' definitely liking the series, and I really dig your art.

I would ike to say though, for the sake of respectful and constructive criticism, that there have been a couple of instances where the action was not depicted and reader was forced to fill in certain blanks, eg. issue #3 when Beta Ray Bill fell back to earth and we had to presume that it was the Wrecker who smashed him back down.

A fairly easy presumption to be sure, but who wouldn't have liked to see ol'horseface eat that crowbar as the Wrecker came plummetting back down from Bill's uppercut?

Anyone, like I said, I really admire your talent as an artist, so it is a very small and well intended criticism.

Thanks for your work! Awesome stuff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Powersurge

I would ike to say though, for the sake of respectful and constructive criticism, that there have been a couple of instances where the action was not depicted and reader was forced to fill in certain blanks, eg. issue #3 when Beta Ray Bill fell back to earth and we had to presume that it was the Wrecker who smashed him back down.

Thanks for your work! Awesome stuff!!!
    BRB overloaded, he didn't get smashed down by the Wrecker.

WooT! This news is very positive. I hope the news comes soon. That was a very big tease.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.