Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight #3..Got it

I got it too and...Well...Feh! I'm a bit disappointed.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

It's chapter 3 of 5. Yes, the weakest of the issues out yet, but I still found it pretty solid and enjoyable. I think we olkder readers are still too used to the old school style of assembling a team in 1 issue. Those days, sadly, are gone. JLA, both Avengers books and New Warriors, to name a few, also took/are taking time to develop the entire cast.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Default KRAKATHOOM!

Only just picked it up today.. Very happy to see BRB making his first appearance, great introduction, story and fighting sequences.. 2 page ad was annoying (lucky i'm cosmic fan!)
    Hopefully the whole gang should get together next issue.

KRAKATHOOM!
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

Default One thing I did notice:

Second Rate Spider-Woman to Second Rate Captain America:

"Your an @$$".

First off, this proves no one is editing the book.

Secondly, are we all twelve? Must they protect us from the mildest of curses?

JJ Mohareb

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Problems between the words and pictures

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    It's chapter 3 of 5. Yes, the weakest of the issues out yet, but I still found it pretty solid and enjoyable. I think we olkder readers are still too used to the old school style of assembling a team in 1 issue. Those days, sadly, are gone. JLA, both Avengers books and New Warriors, to name a few, also took/are taking time to develop the entire cast.
    The "This is cosmic!" line should have been on the pin-up splash page of Beta Ray Bill.

Agent Brown should show some of his skills as the head honcho to get this team to do something, like the PM intended.

This one doesn't seem like it was edited, because most of The Crew's dialog was throwaway (hair on end, I'm scared) and unnecessary. This was the one issue that shouldn't have let readers down.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

What an amazing comic week for me. OMEGA FLIGHT, Birds of Prey, Outsiders, Countdown and Marvel Zombies vs Army of Darkness!

Anyways, I loved the confrontation between Michael and Elizabeth (natch) and although I did find Brown's excuse to have Pointer as weak, I have to admit I felt a little sorry for Pointer. He certainly didn't choose to be here. The guy has been victimized at every turn, now he's expected to be a symbol for Canada by S.H.I.E.L.D.

BRB is one powerful horsey-alien. And I'm glad he has lips. Those Silvestri shots made him look too skeletal. This was the fasest read but also the most action-packed. I really have o problem with the pacing since I have every confidence that this will be made into an ongoing. But as I see it we'll have a full issue of Omega vs The Crew, then Omega vs Tanaraq. I have no problem with this.

BTW, Comicbloc gave it #1 for Ranking the Week.
    http://comicbloc.com/index.php?optio...=990&Itemid=57
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

Finally got mine, great art, moved the story up to where the OF vs. Wrecking Crew fight starts, I liked it almost as much as #2. Have to go though, ball practice (I'm the coach).

OK, practice done. Anyway, I get the feeling that Pointer is going to either be part Canadian or get Canadian citizenship. Anyone notice that Brown's computer is a Bochs model?

Pointer will come out big in the nest issue. He's mad now and out to prove himself.

Even cosmically powered up, the Wrecking Crew and those demons have no hope against Talisman, BRB, and Sasquatch. And they're not alone.

I reread it and now, I'll look close for other things in the art...
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I particularly liked the scene where Talisman is so revved up that her feet are not touching the floor as she yells. I thought it was a nice subtle touch and show of her power.

Mokole beat me to the punch in mentioning the Boch screen, nice easter egg. I read it the second time last night, I also noticed floating Talisman, nice touch. This is the best Elizabeth has ever been written IMHO. I can't wait for the throwdown, 3 weeks is too long!

I'm sorry but I just can not get over that Guardian is American. This seems to be a deal breaker for me. If Omega Flight was an ongoing and Pointer continued as Guardian, I would have dropped the series. Since it is a mini however, I will continue and get the last 2 issues and be glad when it finishes. I have no desire for the series to become an ongoing anymore.

I'm still looking forward to Mice Templar though.

Tiberius, what's the big deal? If he get's his citizenship changed it's all good isn't it? Unless, of course, Guardian was your fave Alphan then I guess I can understand. But I'm pretty sure Mike would change his legal status (he has to at least get permanent residence status to work in Canada ).

edit: Woo hoo I've graduated to Beta Flight. Do I get my own costume yet?

Woo hoo I've graduated to Beta Flight. Do I get my own costume yet?
    I believe that Aurora makes costumes - or is that only for male superheroes?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

So... If Pointer is in fighting shape why is he locked in a metal case? To not overheat the suit?

Anyone think that Brown might be fight as Box? Or is he just gonna be all: "You may have been superpowered before wrecking crew, but now I've shot you all in the head, so there."

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07
    Woo hoo I've graduated to Beta Flight. Do I get my own costume yet?
    I believe that Aurora makes costumes - or is that only for male superheroes?
    Well, since I am a guy there should be no problem (don't let the avatar fool you).