Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight #3..Got it

Well, the solict for Issue Five kind of implies that someone dies. I can see Pointer doing something like blowing himself up to save the team somehow.

"Not coming home" doesn't mean death, for all we know Sasquatch stays in the Realm of the Beasts [which he is in now] and doesn't come back.

I've got it!
    well, not exactly, because i get it yesterday afternoon... but i was too busy in reading again and again so i wasn't able to reply...

I came back to life through an ocean of fire, flames passion and glory....

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    "Not coming home" doesn't mean death, for all we know Sasquatch stays in the Realm of the Beasts [which he is in now] and doesn't come back.
    True. Its suitably ambiguous. It could mean someone dies, or it might mean that someone stays in the realm of the beasts, as you say.

What we do know:
    We can be pretty sure that its Sasquatch due to his repeated absence from the initial team pics, all the covers, and the fact that Oeming said that Talisman would represent the old guard (when it was still an ongoing.)

Getting kind of worried about the future of OF.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=115822
    You getting negative in your old age? Dont sweat it. Its just your average message board with people being negative. I know we have not heard yet. But I think the next Marvel solicits will be telling. I believe they come out soon actually. I know this was already speculated but perhaps Mr. Oemings little jaunt to Canada was to celebrate the books impending ongoing status. I think when he gets back we will hear something. If the book picks up from #6 we would have to hear something very very soon. BTW any news on how its selling?
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

my shop was out, i think he normally orders 20 or so copies. this issue was the worse of a good series, but it is a very good series.

anyone going to the toronto show?

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    Getting kind of worried about the future of OF.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=115822
    You getting negative in your old age? Dont sweat it. Its just your average message board with people being negative. I know we have not heard yet. But I think the next Marvel solicits will be telling. I believe they come out soon actually. I know this was already speculated but perhaps Mr. Oemings little jaunt to Canada was to celebrate the books impending ongoing status. I think when he gets back we will hear something. If the book picks up from #6 we would have to hear something very very soon. BTW any news on how its selling?
    I think the first two issues sold very well, figures for #2 should be out pretty soon.

I enjoyed this issue, but was surprised to see Tanaraq doing his impression of Chewbacca. Makes you wonder where Bianchi got his idea for Sas in Wolverine.

I think the pacing could be better, but OF did have the rug pulled out from under it with very little time to adjust to limited formats. As to what other forums may or may not be saying, no biggy, negativity is rife on comics forums. If any book doesn't have a Wolvie or Spidey appearence every three issues people get angsty
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    my shop was out, i think he normally orders 20 or so copies. this issue was the worse of a good series, but it is a very good series.

anyone going to the toronto show?
    When I got my copy there were still plenty left on the shelf, but I noticed there was only one copy left of the second print of #1! I was planning to go to the show, but this weekend is a big one at work so it's impossible. sigh

You know what I love?

This issue was mostly the "action" that people have been whining about for the first two.

It's almost entirely a BIG FIGHT, except for the interlude with Pointer and the rest of the team.

Also- everybody whined and whined, "Where's Beta Ray Buill"? Well, there is is.

And now people are kvetchign about that.

I WILL say it's my least favorite issue thus far- but snce 'm a massive Thor fan, it was nice to see a hero using a "real" Mjolnir- even if he did get shellacked.

Sadly, not a lot to review on the text front- the pages with the most actual script on them are the ones that got leaked before the issue came out.

HJWEVER- the fight is VERY cool to look at, and the Crew being amped up on Tanaraq 'roids goes a long way toward explaining how they're gonna be able to handle a tussle with the whole team.

But really...
    Agent Brown had better go get Pointer loose if he think they really need him.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

I leafed through it at the store, saw that it was mostly BRB fighting wrecking crew and the rest of the team continuing to squabble, and decided to get something else instead.

Eh.

JJ Mohareb

It seems that folks keep pointing out that the slow/odd pacing of this series is the result of it being scaled back form an ongoing -- but I guess I'm unclear on how that covers it? I guess it just seems to me that, even if this were the first three issues of an ongoing series, I'd still think it was a bit on the slow side. Maybe I'm missing something though about how the title/writing/approach was affected by such a late in he game change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bah!
    It seems that folks keep pointing out that the slow/odd pacing of this series is the result of it being scaled back form an ongoing -- but I guess I'm unclear on how that covers it? I guess it just seems to me that, even if this were the first three issues of an ongoing series, I'd still think it was a bit on the slow side.
    I think Oeming could obviously field this question best, but from what I can gather, this plot is basically completely different than the storyline he originally devised, but he was unable to properly adapt the book for a new story because the change was dropped on him after one and a half issues were written, drawn, and coloured. Think about the first one and a half issues, they don't exactly set themselves up well for a mini. A whole bunch of backstory on BRB was actually supposed to be explained but was instead left out.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    I think Oeming could obviously field this question best, but from what I can gather, this plot is basically completely different than the storyline he originally devised, but he was unable to properly adapt the book for a new story because the change was dropped on him after one and a half issues were written, drawn, and coloured. Think about the first one and a half issues, they don't exactly set themselves up well for a mini. A whole bunch of backstory on BRB was actually supposed to be explained but was instead left out.
    That's unfortunate. If the PTBs at Marvel forced that significant an alteration on the book they should have been willing to let them start it from scratch.

JJ Mohareb