Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight #3..Got it

Quote Originally Posted by Beta_Ray_Bill
    Did it seem to anyone else like the Wrecking Crew got amped up with new powers or something? Is that why their eyes were glowing?
    They did Tanaraq even mentions he gave them a boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Quote Originally Posted by pacinofan
    I got issue 3, but I still don't have issue 2. For some reason they were short last month. I'm supposed to begetting one sent to me at some point. OF really seems to selling well. They had no copies of issue 3 left at my local shop.
    I went early afternoon today and I had to stop at 2 shops to find one. I got the last copy at the second store. It's selling well in Moncton.
    I'm going to Halifax this weekend. I'm hopin' I can track down issue 2 since I'm loosing faith in my local comic shop getting it. Plus, I can't read issue 3 till I get 2

I have to say, this is moving waaaaaaaaaay to slow.
    Hardcore Alpha fans are gonna be into it but those that weren't AF fans in the first place, I can see them being turned off big time by the pacing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    Got it, read it, and loved it. The only thing I have to say thats only close to being negative was what a quick read it was. The visuals where breath taking as usual.

I think this is in large part due to the fact that we've all read half of it in the previews posted here and abroad. Still a great story, though I agree the pacing is slooooooow! Picking up, but slow. This just leaves 2 issues to get the team together in one spot and resolve the arc.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Missed opportunity to be substantial and great

Quote Originally Posted by Beta_Ray_Bill
    I have to agree that this was a particularly quick read. This isn't necessarily bad, or good, but I read it before I even left the comic store. The art is beautiful, and I loved the spreads of Beta Ray Bill! Though he went down this round, I think that OF will be able to handle the Wrecking Crew.

Did it seem to anyone else like the Wrecking Crew got amped up with new powers or something? Is that why their eyes were glowing?
    If Sasquatch couldn't take down the Crew before they got the power-boost and BRB is getting his *$$ kicked by Wrecker after the powerboost (and the demons), logically I'd have to say (1) US Agent is going to get his *$$ whooped, (2) Arachne is going to get her *$$ whooped, (3) Talisman better hope that all she gets is her *$$ whooped, and (4) Snowbird, who has a penchant for rushing in by herself, is probably going to get her @$$ whooped, too.

I don't see much hope for this team surviving (after) this limited series.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Yesh! pacing is killing it for many

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=115640
    Yep. The pacing is just really, really, slow for a limited series.

Well, that's likely a Marvel edict. "We don't like AF so go slow and see if it works, do just like Lobdell, slow, pace it out, don't tell a story an issue." JOe Q all the way.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Well, that's likely a Marvel edict. "We don't like AF so go slow and see if it works, do just like Lobdell, slow, pace it out, don't tell a story an issue." JOe Q all the way.
    I couldn't agree more. Still I liked this issue and will wait til everyone has it before I comment further.

This art is some of the best I've seen in a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    I couldn't agree more. Still I liked this issue and will wait til everyone has it before I comment further.

This art is some of the best I've seen in a very long time.
    While I liked the art, did anyone else find it sort of blurry? Its almost like it was resized poorly or something.

It just wasn't "crisp" is the best way I can think of describing it. Its like its slightly out of focus.

So the pacing (which is undeniably weird at this point) is, let me get this straight, Joe Q's fault?

I picked up my copy today.

I loved BRB's "No, *this* is cosmic" line. And lest we discount our horse-faced friend, lets not forget that, while the Wrecker KO'ed BRB, horseface did have to hold back a demon horde as they fought.

Likewise, Sasquatch stood alone against the entire Wrecking Crew.

And of course, Pointer is going to have to make a big save at some point in the story if we are ever going to like him. Incidently, loved USAgents comment about Pointer's crying. Spot on. Classic.

Anyway, I wouldn't discount 'Liz either. She's got the magic and thus the capacity to nullify the Crew's power boost. She also knows about the Great Beasts, and at least one member of the Crew has already expressed insightful doubt about their new master/s.

As for the pacing; yeah, it's not too good. Nevertheless, we're getting good stuff in every issue, and have been left wanting more... though admittedly, perhaps too much more with 3 issues now behind us, and only 4 left to go.

[Spoilers]

Well yeah it feels really slow yet it read really fast, especially with all of those splash pages, but I think this was a result of the shrinking from a ongoing. Talisman faced Pointer for the first time and he had to defend himself. They found out where Sassy is going and they are all off to find him while Pointer is left in a dramatic scene. The wreking crew had to travel to the other side, we learned what drew them to Canada, they got a power up, we learned there is a connection with BRB, his homeworld and the Great beasts. Beta Ray made his first appearance with a bang, fought off the demons and Wrecker in a big battle. A lot happened in a short time and I assume Mike had to cut out a lot to get the story to this point.

If you think about it, we have two full issues left where the bad guys are suped up, the team will appear all together for the first time and you know Guardian will make his return and save the day. Snowbird or Shaman might reveal themselves. The true master mind will be revealed and a battle royal will insue to create a new ongoing threat as a status quo, hopefully setting up a new ongoing series.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    [Spoilers]

If you think about it, we have two full issues left where the bad guys are suped up, the team will appear all together for the first time and you know Guardian will make his return and save the day.

I seriously hope he doesn't. The whole conversation between Liz and Pointer and Brown was basically a retelling of the concerns of the comics community vs. the opinions of the Eds/Oeming. If Pointer suddenly saves the day it'll be even worse. Ugh. As a reviewer said, the fact that the suit will help him out in no way necessitates his being Guardian. I really thought that something might happen to make me like him as Guardian, but right now it just seems forced, and I think most people are seeing it that way too, which is unfortunate. I mean I could really see Pointer on the team, but not as Guardian. That's just messed. So far the only cell I smiled at in which Pointer was present was the cell in which Liz almost blew his head off.

Well I think we're supposed to feel anywhere from indifferent to sorry for him at the moment. That is of course a setup. Just like the big beatings the "big guns" are recieving. Redemption/Vindication is meaningless unless there's something to vindicate or redeem.

He will definitely come in and either save Talisman's life or do something significant to start his long redemption. I can't see anything else happening. Maybe he even obsorbed the memories aswell as powers of all those he killed and somehow is able to communicate with Elizabeth through her father. Or something. That Oeming is a tricky one.