Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Omega Flight #3..Got it

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    Quote Originally Posted by Powersurge

I would ike to say though, for the sake of respectful and constructive criticism, that there have been a couple of instances where the action was not depicted and reader was forced to fill in certain blanks, eg. issue #3 when Beta Ray Bill fell back to earth and we had to presume that it was the Wrecker who smashed him back down.

Thanks for your work! Awesome stuff!!!
    BRB overloaded, he didn't get smashed down by the Wrecker.
    Overloaded?!?

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller

I would ike to say though, for the sake of respectful and constructive criticism, that there have been a couple of instances where the action was not depicted and reader was forced to fill in certain blanks, eg. issue #3 when Beta Ray Bill fell back to earth and we had to presume that it was the Wrecker who smashed him back down.

Thanks for your work! Awesome stuff!!!
    BRB overloaded, he didn't get smashed down by the Wrecker.
    Overloaded?!?
    Like, used too much power. Alot of people criticized this actually. If I had one criticism, that really isn't the artists fault but I guess people didn't get it, its that BRB had every right to collapse. He was fighting off a super-powered Wrecker AND an entire army at once.

yeah i wish it happened more in comics... when a heroe uses an extremely high amount of power it should wear him out.. i thought it was a good move for him to pass out

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    yeah i wish it happened more in comics... when a heroe uses an extremely high amount of power it should wear him out.. i thought it was a good move for him to pass out
    I would just love to see an issue of Iron Man wear his suit runs out of batteries. Or an issue of NA where Luke Cage needs to stop and catch his breath.

You guys are kidding, right?

BRB overloaded, collapsed, fell down and couldn't get up.

And this is the same BRB that bested Thor -- who has himself faced hordes of lackey's while tackling a powerhouse on more than 1 occassion -- prior to being invested with Asgardian power?

Okay. Okay. Very funny. Ha ha. You guys got me. Good one.

First, thanks Scott for popping in to let us know where things are at. I'm fervently hoping that Omega Flight goes regular right after the mini-series - I'm addicted to it, which means kudos to you, MAO, Reber and the entire creative team.

Secondly, I couldn't help but notice the following from the Newsarama Forum review of #3:

"Oeming presents a highly disfunctional, hostile relationship between the members of Omega Flight, and I'm loving every minute of it."

What I love about this is that it mirrors the dysfunctional relationships in the original Byrne team, which was a bit of a 'breath of fresh air' in those days when super hero teams were all so functional and noble. Good to see MAO give this a bit of a nod of his head.

I'll be picking up #3 this weekend - the preview of #4 looks spectacular. Omega Flight is gold. I just wish MAO, Scott and co would come down to Perth, Australia - I'd attend a signing. (I fear that the only comic book creator to have graced our small city is Kurt Busiek during his Astro City/Iron Man days).

Quote Originally Posted by sengsterooney
    First, thanks Scott for popping in to let us know where things are at. I'm fervently hoping that Omega Flight goes regular right after the mini-series - I'm addicted to it, which means kudos to you, MAO, Reber and the entire creative team.
    Yup, thank you Scott for the update and the work you've put into OF. I have to admit, when I first heard what was happening to AF and the new team replacing them, I was sure I'd hate it. I didn't. Scott, you and Reber went above and beyond with the art, which makes sense since it's amazing. Mike, you have renewed my belief that there are intelligent, deep, talented writers out there. This is the kind of storytelling I've been missing for so long in comics. I just hope this becomes an ongoing so you can keep bringing us this book.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Gah! You shouldn't have said it three times!
    Shouldn't affect you! I hear you're a Skrull!
    lol
    That's just a rumour...

Quote Originally Posted by sengsterooney
    I just wish MAO, Scott and co would come down to Perth, Australia - I'd attend a signing.
    Hey, that'd be cool. Come to Canberra, too. Or, at least Sydney.

I keep getting tempted to call Oeming The Chairman... but it's probably been done.

- Le Messor
    "Entropy isn't what it used to be."