Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thor

Default Thor

Is anyone else excited about the new Thor series?

here's an interview with JMS about my favourite God of Thunder..
    http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=83671

This Dell'otto variant for #2 is awesome..

please hit me if someone else has already posted this drivel..
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

Very much excited! I love the writer and artist. Plus Thor's new look ROCKS!!
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

What type of armour is Thor wearing on his arms and legs? It looks like padded mail, but then it wouldn't be metal or shiny. And it certainly doesn't look like chain, plate or brigadine. Sorry, I'm a bit of a stickler for armour portrayl in a visual medium. Especially for a norseman who traditionally wore hide, leather or a mixture of the two.

Ok, it's just a comic, I know. The geek will shut-up now.
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeO
    What type of armour is Thor wearing on his arms and legs? It looks like padded mail, but then it wouldn't be metal or shiny. And it certainly doesn't look like chain, plate or brigadine. Sorry, I'm a bit of a stickler for armour portrayl in a visual medium. Especially for a norseman who traditionally wore hide, leather or a mixture of the two.

Maybe it's +2 leather armour with a glamour? :P

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeO

Judging from other pictures of the armor it looks like it's supposed to be scale.

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Hmm, scale eh? I think some homework needs to be done.

Oh, Legerd. A D&D player, are we?
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

Well, they are gods after all. So his armour might be some kind of magical cloth

In the interview that discussed the new Thor series, it was said that they were going to be moving toward a more traditional Anglo-Nordic garb, a la the Riders of Rohan in LotR.

But that said, I don't have a clue what kinda armour Thor is wearing in that picture.

i'll check with some knowledgeable sources guys..
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

So, what did everyone else think of Thor #1? I thought it was great.

If OF becomes ongoing, I think there's great potential for a Thor/OF cross over or guest appearances with the BRB-Thor connection.

I say thee YAY!! sorry I couldnt help it Yeah i really like the first issue. The creative team was on the top of their game and Im very excited to see where this book goes. I also agree that a Omega/Thor crossover is not only inevitable...but will make for a great story.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.

I was very impressed with the first two issues! Anyone else's thoughts?
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

Yeah im really enjoying the series so far. I cant wait for issue #3 to see yet another Marvel hero whoop on Iron Man.

I agree, the first two issues were very compelling. It's been added to my pull list.
    Thor rocks!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

*SPOILERS*

Twas good to see Shellhead get his arse kicked! It's what everyone's being waiting for and Thor didn't hestitate to deliver!

Thor had good right to be pissed off! "you took my genetic code, and without my permission, without my knowledge, used it to create an abomination"

I also loved- "If any mortal comes univited to Asgard on behalf of those who suppose themselves to be powers within the hour they will learn what true power is"
    haha THOR is definately back.. and MIGHTIER than ever!!
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz