Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha flight in French

Default Alpha flight in French

Hello.

I don't think I have seen a topic with those french covers for the french anthology Strange. I'm sure some will find them interesting.
    Alpha Flight was published from Strange 179 (alpha Flight n°1) to strange 254 (alpha Flight 73).
    Mots of them were draw by Ciro Tota or painted by Jean Frisano (when it was not taken from the us cover)

Thnaks to comicsvf.com (I am one of their contributors) for the scans. enjoy!

Those are cool! Thanks for providing them XXL. And welcome to Alpha Waves. I like some of those covers more than the originals.

Very interesting. Thanks for posting these. Ben, can we get these added to the cover art gallery?

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Very interesting. Thanks for posting these. Ben, can we get these added to the cover art gallery?

Love,
    rplass
    Eventually Got my paws full getting a new bar up and running, but before too long I'll get at it.

Ben

Does anyone know where I could find the full issues of these?

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Does anyone know where I could find the full issues of these?
    Don't pay too much for them. In France, there are easily available in second hand market for less than 2€ each.

If you are interested, I can also post to you some exemple of corrections made for the french version: some things were erased, some pages did not appear etc... because those were publication for the younth so they had to remove or remade some scene by fear of losing the younth license.

I have seen some of those as I did make a thread about this before

However, I never saw a few of those and their not on his site (Jean Frisano). I really want to see enlarged versions of those.

http://perso.orange.fr/thomas.frisano2/Tableauxangl.htm

I would love to own these issues! And I agree that some of the alternate covers are gorgeous, (especially the one at the Edmonton Mall). Thank you for showing us these, XXL!

Thanks for that.
    I'd seen a few of them, but not all.

204 and 205 look amazing Shaman in 205 is great wuality i love it. Soem good namor pictures too

And here is a rarity: a page from the US comics used by Lug (french editor of Strange then) to note the censure corrections to be made on Alpha flight 63.

As you can see, it was a butchery.... The new format of alpha flight was a nightmare for Lug. They only had space for 22p in their anthology Strange so they decided to cut a little more than usual!

You can see that it was not their first decision to cut those panels because they began to numerate the captions for the translator.
    As you can see, finally, they decided to keep only the first two panels from this page but they cut the top caption of panel 2 to put it on panel 1!

I'm very lucky...I live in Lyon, which was the city where Lug had their office. When they closed their Lyon office and changed to Semic, some of their stocked went to a second hand old shop. Two years ago, i began to work for this shop and found some of those comics used by Lug.

If you want to have more details about those comics and the way they were used by french translators, here is a link to a thread I made about his on a famous french comics board (it's all in french but you have mor scans about non-alpha flight issues).

I also write a 3p article (my first one!) in the famous french fanzine SCARCE n°55 on Alpha Flight vol.2.

If you want, i can post this article here (I would love ot have some reactions to it), but again....all in french!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Il y a des gens ici qui pouvent lire francais.

Not saying I'm one of 'em.

- Le Messor
    "Don't... be afraid to lead them. Whether you wanted it or not, their lives are yours. It's only gonna get harder. Protect them, but lead them."
    - Buffy

awesome covers! i want the poster from #214!
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

Yes, I forgot to tell you that there was some poster included, every 3 months in France. But it's very rare in France to find some Strange with their posters. And I don't know any place where we can find find scans of them.
    I suppose there must have been some with alpha flight (I don't remember)

were they done by Tota or Frisano as well??
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz