Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MARVEL MAGIC HANDBOOK #1

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Also to note guess who may have had a hand in Alpha Flight's death in the Collective? as he cursed them to death.
    Would that be Llan? Does it actually hint that he may have had a hand in their deaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Thanks, though I can only claim credit for Talisman - other members of the team wrote the rest. Glad you liked it.
    The Talisman entry was very well done, covered her entire history and good lord you literally covered every single power she has done. Cuidos

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    Would that be Llan? Does it actually hint that he may have had a hand in their deaths?
    Yes, Llan

"...forcing Llan to flee the Earth dimension, but not before cursing the Alphans to suffer horrible deaths before the Earth's ultimate corruption, a curse whose workings may have finally begun with the team's recent decimation by Collective"

Yes, Llan

"...forcing Llan to flee the Earth dimension, but not before cursing the Alphans to suffer horrible deaths before the Earth's ultimate corruption, a curse whose workings may have finally begun with the team's recent decimation by Collective"
    Nice.

Yes, Llan

Nice.
    Hmmm...Hopefully nobody is going to try and suggest that Bendis planned the Alpha deaths with Llan's curse in mind...I'm sorry, but BMB man doesn't have it in him to think of it (on his own, at least). I'm guessing the credit belongs solely to the writers of the Handbook for making the connection. Good on them, bad on Alpha Flight.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Nice little mention of Puck 1 in the Modred entry, but I always thought they had fought the Brass Bishop not the Black Bishop . Still a nice addition to any collection.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Yes, Llan

Nice.
    Hmmm...Hopefully nobody is going to try and suggest that Bendis planned the Alpha deaths with Llan's curse in mind...I'm sorry, but BMB man doesn't have it in him to think of it (on his own, at least). I'm guessing the credit belongs solely to the writers of the Handbook for making the connection. Good on them, bad on Alpha Flight.

Dana
    I certainly am not crediting BMB for that bit of continuity connection, considering how badly he wrote the characters when he... killed them. I tip my hat to the Handbook folks for coming up with that. Loki, please pass on my thanks to whoever thought of that.

Glad you liked it, and will do.

As for them being dead..., well, we've been told to assume they are for writing Handbook profiles, and told that it wasn't the temporal duplicates (who we are led to believe may have vanished / returned home under undisclosed circumstances since the end of the last Alpha volume), and I totally get that Oeming and other writers don't want to deal with some of the messy continuity that has beset Alpha. But this is also the Marvel Universe, and Bucky and Captain Marvel are both up and breathing again, so (as a fan, not as an official opinion on anything) I figure it's only a matter of time till most of them "get better".

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Nice little mention of Puck 1 in the Modred entry, but I always thought they had fought the Brass Bishop not the Black Bishop . Still a nice addition to any collection.
    I believe you are right, from my recall of Puck's adventures (having re-read them all for his entry not that long ago). Will double check, but looks like a mistake slipped through - Black Bishop for Brass Bishop. Thanks for spotting it.

Yeah it's suppose to be Brass Bishop, as the flashback happened in Alpha Flight vol.2