Thread: Omega Flight Interest?

Default Omega Flight Interest?

How's the interest been for the series when you check out other boards?

For the most part it has been very positive, but I'm seeing more threads like this creeping up.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=113687

well we all know why it started out slow. Hopefully it picks up newxt issue

As annoying as I find them I post quite abit on the Marvel.com boards. There is an Omega Flight Appreciation Thread under the Civil War Initiative topics. I plug Alphaflight.net there shamelessly. My name is Dfense75 there as well. The overall response on those boards seems to be very positive. The overall vibe is to also get Omega to be an ongoing.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Yeah Marvel boards are pretty positive from what i've noticed (i'm 'donblake'), the fact that BRB is joining the team is drawing attention from thor fans like myself, as seen on Thor Boards.
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

I have a buddy on another board who's plugging it just because of U.S. Agent.

And I have singlehandedly gained converts for not just Omega, but Alpha over the past few months.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

I openly admit i've converted to Alpha after being a mainly Thor/Cap/Avengers reader.. I'm so glad that I discovered OF and it's opened my eyes to the whole Alpha world
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

If #3 is going to be a setup issue again, I think we might lose some readers.

I don't know if there will be action in this issue though as it seems like a bio comic for the new Guardian

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Posted a reply @ Newsarama

Omega Flight is starting to pick up speed with # 2 and if # 3 delivers a solid story for getting BRB in the group while focusing on Pointer and the introduction of The Great Beasts, most people will be hard-pressed to dump the book.

OF is well put together, well-researched (I didn't even notice the slick ROM homage until I read the posts here), and an interesting read.

It is what other comics think they are.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

I wouldn't worry too much guys. Posters represent such a small percentage of the comic buying population. And remember, 2 sellouts in a row. That says more then a few impatient readers.

BTW, I also post at the Marvel board. My handle is Deadpond.

Woo hoo, I've graduated to Gamma Flight!
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

I asked a friend to give his opinion at the board, I don't like logging in too many places. He's a guy who never read AF but loves OF (I gave him my #1 and he bought #2 on his own). He likes team books and is a big Justice League/Teen Titans guy, but he really likes what he's read in OF.

Heck, my enthusiasm for OF #2 hasn't abated!!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I'm trying to get my X-men mate into OF, i bought X-men/Alpha Flight Vol. 1 #1 1998 with him yesterday and he was impressed when I explained how the two were intertwined, so hopefully the convert has managed to convert another kid! i'll keep a lookout for you Daveo- I'm donblake..
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

got another kid reading the series last night, he hadn't read any comics before
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

I haven't really seen the new series mentioned on many boards, which is why I like to pop in here every once in a while, and what I have seen is mixed. Some threads are positive and done by fans, other are people who barely liked the original and just want to complain because it isn't another X-title. Though I am happy to say I do show my support for all things AF in the Gazette and have links to this site on the Gazette's site as well. We have a fair amount of readers so hopefully some have migrated this way and become AF/OF fans.