Thread: Comebacks

Default Comebacks

As I sit here drinking my Pete's Wicked Ale and pondering all things Alpha. A little itty bitty light bulb appeared above my head. Comebacks. Sometimes it takes a great comeback to get something noticed. While myself and the rest of the wonderful humans that post on this board are fully aware of the complete and utter magnificence of Alpha Flight. There are those south of the Canadian border and the rest of the comic world that are not. Omega Flight may well be our last chance to get a series about "Canada's premier super team". While from the onset this book has had to deal with being downgraded from ongoing to mini status. I wouldnt have it any other way. I dont know about you but I LOVE an underdog. Alpha Flight had been stomped on and left for dead. From the ashes of our favorite heroes have risen a new group to honor their legacy and defend that which they so readily laid their lives down for. We have a fantastic creative team and a built in fan base. Yes we are all sad about the original Alpha Flight passing on and the way that it happened. But this book and the heroes that make up its lineup give it a great chance to get noticed. I have faith that it will be made in ongoing. I will till they say it wont be. But until than Im gonna keep buying 3 issues of every one that comes out. Im gonna keep giving them to people that I think will appreciate them and Im gonna enjoy every minute that I spend reading this book. It has been alot of fun so far and has not let me down. Dont stop fighting for the flight guys and gals. All the best success stories come from making a great comeback. Omega Flight is our great comeback.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default I'm with you

Some folks...even among the very company publishing their adventures...short-shrifted Alpha Flight, said or inferred that they weren't good enough to be considered in the same league as the more "established" characters. Yet, there was something about them that defied this bias...it is their ability to stand up against evil and wrongdoing and lawlessness, even though they themselves were not perfect.

And in the right hands, Alpha Flight was competent at what they did. (Roger Stern, Louise Simonson, JB, Chris Claremont, and Tom DeFalco, wrote them well, as competent, but not flawless heroes).

Now, Mike Oeming is writing Omega Flight with a sense of good versus evil. And Scott's storytelling is making me really, really jealous.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default Re: Comebacks

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    the rest of the wonderful humans that post on this board
    Don't call me 'human'.

Default Re: Comebacks

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    the rest of the wonderful humans that post on this board
    Don't call me 'human'.
    Sorry wont happen again
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.