Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what can Michael Pointer actually do?

Default So what can Michael Pointer actually do?

I know he absorbed a bunch of mutants powers in the past but what can he do in OF?

See next issue.

I think. I'm assuming that's what the whole "revelation of Guardian in issue 3" thing is going on about since we all know its Pointer. Unless there's a plot twist. Or something. I personally think he'll be used as a big energy guy, but with all those powers who knows. I mean he should be able to even turn into a dragon and stuff as well, and move super fast, and barring Scarlet Witch still having her powers....

I hear he makes a great fondue.

Seriously though, his mutant power was innitially to obsorb others powers. After reading NA 16-20, it looks like pretty much all of the power leaves him until the end where his hands glow red. He has that same red "aura" around him in all of the promotional art. One of articles about him described him as being able to blow up and put himself back together. Whether there's any truth to that, I donno. Sounds too much like Nitro. He pretty much has a clean slate and it could be anything. Presumably dangerous considering his hands are always encased in large restraints. Because it could be anything, I trust Oeming to make it something very cool. Can't wait to find out. 2 more weeks!

Its also possible that he may have some of the usual abilities granted by the Guardian/Vindicator suit. Other than that...He was a phenomenal mailman. Hey since "Mailman Mike" is a mailman...when he goes berserk he really and truly will be going "postal".
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    Its also possible that he may have some of the usual abilities granted by the Guardian/Vindicator suit. Other than that...He was a phenomenal mailman. Hey since "Mailman Mike" is a mailman...when he goes berserk he really and truly will be going "postal".
    I'm sure USAgent will make a similar comment.

So your saying he may be like Mimic or Rogue?

Not quite. He acn absorb mutant energy or maybe any type of energy (a la Feedback, maybe Bishop) and store the energy, able to use it as the original user did. However, he lost almost all that energy. So now Oeming can do anything with him. My guess is that the 'absorb mutant energy' thing was a one-off and the erstwhile Canadian expatriate can now only use the energy he has left, kind of like a battery that doesn't get drained, you can only recharge what's left, and for Pointer that's basically nothing since he still has powers of some sort, maybe only residual. Lots of possibilities for what he'll be able to do but Mimic/Rogue stuff is out, energy-based abilities are in.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Thanks. I guess we will find out soon enough and hopefully follow up in a regular series.

Hmmm...I doubt Mikey can access those lost mutant powers any longer...They were thrown into the sun,(lameness alert!) along with Xorn's conciousness by the Sentry, remember?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Hmmm...I doubt Mikey can access those lost mutant powers any longer...They were thrown into the sun,(lameness alert!) along with Xorn's conciousness by the Sentry, remember?
    If this were a Bendis book, he'd probably now control the sun. Let's be thankful.

He can do this

A pointer named Michael. (Okay! so I made the Michael bit up).
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

DelBubs ROFL
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

He was on Baywatch for on episode too!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0688464/

and he was the drummer for Marillion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Pointer_(drummer)

Ben

According to Andy Schmidt in his CBC radio interview, Michael Pointer can "explode and pull himself back together" lmao

Quote Originally Posted by JayCanuck
    According to Andy Schmidt in his CBC radio interview, Michael Pointer can "explode and pull himself back together" lmao
    Let's hope he doesn't try to guard any schools.