Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Preview of Wolverine #54: things get lamer

Man, the more they try to explain Wolverine's backstory, the dumber it gets.

That Sasquatch is terrible looking too. Maybe Scott can send the artist some pointers on how to do a decent job of drawing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus
    That Sasquatch is terrible looking too. Maybe Scott can send the artist some pointers on how to do a decent job of drawing him.
    Tip #1 for drawing Sasquatch: Don't.

unless your last names is byrne, lee or kollins.

That has to be the most rediculous comic I've seen in years. How did Chewbacca get in there?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    That has to be the most rediculous comic I've seen in years. How did Chewbacca get in there?
    He hitched a lift with a buzzer.
    Buzzers are usually rich kids with nothing to do. They pick a planet that hasn't yet developed interstellar travel and 'buzz' them-land in a lonely field in front of some poor naive slob who nobody's ever gonna believe, and strut up and down in front of them with antennae on their heads, making 'beep beep' noises.

Rather childish, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor

Buzzers are usually rich kids with nothing to do. They pick a planet that hasn't yet developed interstellar travel and 'buzz' them-land in a lonely field in front of some poor naive slob who nobody's ever gonna believe, and strut up and down in front of them with antennae on their heads, making 'beep beep' noises.

Rather childish, really.
    I find it highly "improbable" that occured. Maybe he was changed into a whale or a bowl of roses before he ended up in the comic? Maybe the mice got ahold of Loeb's brain to extract the answer? 42? What is six times seven? That would explain the wookie being in that book because it''s clearly not Sasquatch. Sasquatch did seven amazing things that morning and was rounding it off with breakfast at...

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Gotta keep it! It's continuity!

Gotta make it fit! Can't imagine it didn't happen!

It's "continuity"!

Somebody's making (or trying to turn) the Alpha Flight characters into cash-cows, popping them into books where they really don't belong.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

And I thought I was insane, but these new stories . . . I don't think they ret-conned Kyle so much as destroyed him totally I can see Sabretooth as a Nazi, but Kyle? How can they toss his entire history out the window? What about Wyre? The Secret Empire? Valerie Cooper and Teenage Kyle? Who is the idiot writing these stories? What's next, Wolvie is an alien? A god? Sasquatch is really Chewbacca? (Star Wars cross-over! Marvel did make a Star Trek cross-over once, I didn't read it.) I know, Wolvie is an avatar of Mephisto! That's it! I'll submit my idea to Marvel, if they'd buy that crap, they'd buy my stupid ideas!

But I still love "Herr" Gibney, even if he is an agent of evil! Seriously, I'll remember him as the old Kyle, not this trauma-induced nightmare of poor writing and horrific ret-conning....

Well, I guess it's time I moved to Manga, I just don't much like Marvel anymore. They killed off or ruined every good character they had: Kyle, Skin, X-Treme...
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor

Rather childish, really.
    I find it highly "improbable" that occured. Maybe he was changed into a whale or a bowl of roses before he ended up in the comic? Maybe the mice got ahold of Loeb's brain to extract the answer? 42? What is six times seven? That would explain the wookie being in that book because it''s clearly not Sasquatch. Sasquatch did seven amazing things that morning and was rounding it off with breakfast at...
    Didn't the Golgafrinchans (sp) retcon the 6x7. Maybe it's them who are influencing Loeb

Considering in his origin in X-Factor Kyle Gibney was a normal youth who was mutated by the Secret Empire, then discovered he was a mutant and now he's Feral in WW2! Quick to the Milenium Falcon, we must use the 'Farce' to undo this retconned retcon.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

At the moment, it's best to just take a breath and chalk it up to being a fever dream and nothing more.

Wolverine did fight in WWII...A couple of times with Cap A...Maybe his brain just added Wild Child in as a Nazi antagonist, because he was just recently attacked by Kyle?

Dana

Look at me...Being all level-headed...I must be getting old.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Use the SCHWARTZ!!! It wouldn't make the storyline any less plausible . . . :P
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by darc_light
    Sasquatch is really Chewbacca? (Star Wars cross-over! Marvel did make a Star Trek cross-over once, I didn't read it.)
    That's totally not true.

It was twice.
    Three times if you count the prose novel.

- Le Messor
    "Ludicrous speed! They've gone Plaid!"
    - Spaceballs, mangled

Do you reckon Kyle is half-fairy now?

"What's the matter Colonel Sanders, chicken?" Darth Helmet
    I loved that movie...

Pizza the Hutt!!!

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Wildchild beats the hell out of Sasquatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Wildchild beats the hell out of Sasquatch.
    Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhat? If Sasquatch was his normal size, he'd a just stepped on him. But because he's all Wookied-out, I bet Kyle was almost as tall as him. Am I right?

(I think I was generous with Kyle's height too)