Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Preview of Wolverine #54: things get lamer

Default Preview of Wolverine #54: things get lamer

Here's a link to a preview of Wolverine #54 SPOILER ALERT:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=10606

Wild Child fought in WW2? What the hell?

Oh, the retconns!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Wild Child is a high-ranking Nazi as well? Errrrr?

I'm just gonna chalk it up to "weird". I have to admit though, Bianchi's work is pretty impressive in terms of the detailing and shading. I don't like his Sasquatch, but otherwise...very nice.

This has, has, has to be some drug induced dream... dear lord please....

Wow, Loeb has convinced me never to buy one of his comics again. As this is trash, complete, and utter trash.

Wha?.... Jah?.... Bah? That's all there is to say about that. Also Sasquatch looks like a short Chewbacca/Werewolf.

I really don't mind them retconning Wild Child if it'll get him back in the A list. But if they did something like this with Sasquatch, heads would roll. Although I'm not liking this "Pack of Wolves" group thing. I think he's better off in that hole with Thunderball. wait wait... maybe Thunderball is somehow a metafore for Loeb... yeah.

Oh noes.... Why Loeb, Why? Also, I find Cap's dialogue to be slightly off.... Maybe its just me but I remember him being more levelheaded.

This thing with Sasquatch though... It cannot stand. If this stuff plays out how it looks... It isn't even a retcon, its a continuity error!! A giant continuity error! How could the editors allow this!!?

Edit: I just asked MO what he thought of things over at his boards...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    This has, has, has to be some drug induced dream... dear lord please....
    That's what I'm thinking (praying) it is.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    Edit: I just asked MO what he thought of things over at his boards...
    Let us know what he says SK.

I made the same thread awhile ago with no reply back from him

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...d.php?t=111582

I read somewhere today that Quicksilver is running around with some crystals that can restore mutant powers, anyone know about that? It could explain why WC and co. have their powers back. Doesn't excuse the rest of that garbage, but explains the sudden remutancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    I read somewhere today that Quicksilver is running around with some crystals that can restore mutant powers, anyone know about that? It could explain why WC and co. have their powers back. Doesn't excuse the rest of that garbage, but explains the sudden remutancy.
    He stole the crystals from the Inhumans in Son fo M and started the Silent War. From the limited pages I see here, it looks less like anything from Quicksilver, more to do with Wild Child being... sigh... not a mutant but a werewolf/clan member. Why Sasquatch is involved, I don't wanna know.

When I see Sasquatch in those pics...I can only think "Teen Wolf"...I am very very sad.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.