Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight #3 (First Looks)

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Kudo's for that KM, it was your pick up on that that led me to think that the Wrecking Crew would open up a gateway to the Realm of The Beasts. I just wonder if it was by accident or on purpose?
    Definetly going to say on purpose as he was hearing voices in his head to go to the muesum and no way would Snowbird send them there and enter the Realm of Beasts. I will put money it was Tanaraq's influence and that's why Snowbird is trying to "compell" [sound familar] people to fight the Great Beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    well, if it keeps selling out, they'll have no choice.
    Sorry to sound so negative, but I have very little faith in Marvel execs when it comes to the Flight. With what Joe Q said:

JQ: varo, you’re going to have to wait and see. It’s kind of like waiting on Pedro Martinez. After all the surgeries, can he make a comeback?
    It makes me think they're already thinking up excuses for when they don't make it an ongoing. I pray I'm wrong. [-o<

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Kudo's for that KM, it was your pick up on that that led me to think that the Wrecking Crew would open up a gateway to the Realm of The Beasts. I just wonder if it was by accident or on purpose?
    Definetly going to say on purpose as he was hearing voices in his head to go to the muesum and no way would Snowbird send them there and enter the Realm of Beasts. I will put money it was Tanaraq's influence and that's why Snowbird is trying to "compell" [sound familar] people to fight the Great Beasts.
    I'm curious where this is going with Walter. I would think its Tanaraq's influence that made the crew bring him with them, so perhaps Tanaraq wants to posses Walt's body or something?

Maybe Tanaraq wants to possess the body of one of the Beasts greatest enemies, Snowbird. Just imagine if the beasts could control Snowbirds body and power
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Yep, I've said it before: The perfect time to announce OF as an ongoing would be in August which is when issue #5 comes out. On top of that, there's also the Canadian National Comic Book Expo in Toronto in August, which would be the perfect place to announce it.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    JQ: varo, you’re going to have to wait and see. It’s kind of like waiting on Pedro Martinez. After all the surgeries, can he make a comeback?
    It makes me think they're already thinking up excuses for when they don't make it an ongoing. I pray I'm wrong. [-o<
    In Marvel's case those would be botched surgeries anyway... Can we sue for malpractice?

I doubt it has anything to do with Snowbird. I think it's Nelvanna, or another Northern god.

Nelvanna knows the Great Beasts are looking for a way out of their realm, again, so she signals Talisman in her vision to seek out someone who can help, BRB, plus showing Talisman that the Wrecking Crew isn't the threat.

The Great Beasts see the WC as a great opportunity to leave their realm, as they have mystical powers and can 'break the doors down'. Nelvanna knows this too so sends Talisman some aid, BRB and Sasquatch both know where to go and go along with it. That way the WC can be stopped before the Great Beasts get their way.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Yeah, I think Mungi and a friend of mine called this a while back. I'm looking forward to seeing exactly what Tanaraq's influence will be, and if other Great Beats will be getting involved.

It also seems that Talisman reads Micheal's soul to check his intentions (similar to how Dr. Strange did it recently in New Avengers 30). I'm enjoying how the story is getting deeper as it progresses in plot and characterization.

Keep buying this one, folks. We're gonna get an ongoing, I just know it!

- Damien

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Sue for malpractice? I sooo wish it could happen

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    ...In Marvel's case those would be botched surgeries anyway...Can we sue for malpractice?
    This is my major peeve: when I buy a bad comic book, I can't just take it back to the lcs, say its defective, and get my money back. Can't take the creators/publishers to the Better Business Bureau. The only options I can think of are sell it, trade it, or trash it....none of which does anything to correct the defective story. If somebody tries to fix the defective story, it usually only makes things worse. Not only won't the defective story be forgotten because it is considered part of "continuity", it invariably ends up being someone's favorite story.

If someone called in a professional plumber to fix a small but annoying leak, but the plumber ended up flooding the entire house with raw sewage, most people wouldn't be happy. If someone called in a professional electrician to fix the lighting that's gone out in the basement but ended up burning down the house, most people would be right to question the ability of that electrician.

Most people would be mad and expecting some sort of rectification for shabby workmanship, but in comics there is no real rectification for defective books.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Default Re: Sue for malpractice? I sooo wish it could happen

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    Most people would be mad and expecting some sort of rectification for shabby workmanship, but in comics there is no real rectification for defective books.
    Of course there is. They're called Thanos clones. :P

I've been on the ball so far with the predictions, when the first Omega Flight teaser image came out I was the first on the board to predict it was Talisman, before OF #1 came out I predicted Shaman would appear as a spirit to his daughter, then I predicted the Great Beasts and Snowbird

Ha! Mungi's on fire.

I've been on the ball so far with the predictions, when the first Omega Flight teaser image came out I was the first on the board to predict it was Talisman, before OF #1 came out I predicted Shaman would appear as a spirit to his daughter, then I predicted the Great Beasts and Snowbird

Ha! Mungi's on fire.
    Please predict I win the Lotto 649 this week.... Pretty please?

........nope, your on your own

Haha damn. My Finacé (still getting used to saying that) played the lotto with her work last week and they were 1 number off from the $9 Million. What does 1 number off get ya? $50. Which is good and all, but guess how much our rent went up this month. $50 lol. Oh, God and his sense of humour.

So what's gonna happen in the next ish!?

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    So what's gonna happen in the next ish!?
    I think the Tanaraq reveal will be near the end of the issue, and of course will focus more on Guardian but not to many pages. I was predicting Snowbird to appear in #4 as the true villians are revealed, but depending on how many pages it takes the Great Beasts to get introduced she will pop up maybe soon.