Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight #2 Sold Out!!!

Default Omega Flight #2 Sold Out!!!

From comicscontinuum.com

Marvel Comics has announced that Omega Flight #2 and Marvel Zombies/Army of Darkness #3 have sold out. According to the publisher, there are no current plans to go back to press on either issue.

When will they announce the ongoing??? This is great news!!!

holy crap - I've never been more relieved to read a forum post. I had this horrible worry that the second issue wouldn't perform like the first, and Marvel might view the high sales of the first issue as a fluke. So, to find out that issue #2 has sold out as well fills me with glee and makes me laugh like a giddy school girl.

AWESOME!!!!

Good stuff. Shall we go for a hat trick?

If it doesn't become an on-going I will be shocked now.

If Issue 3 sells out, I think it'll basically guarentee an ongoing.

press release:

."
    Omega Flight #2 Soars to Another Sell Out

Oh Canada ! Marvel is pleased to announce that Omega Flight #2 has sold out at Diamond. Following the first adventure of Canada ’s newest superhero team, formed to combat the fallout from Civil War and tying into Marvel’s hugely popular Initiative storyline, Omega Flight has sold out of its first two issue—that’s “deux pour deux” in Canadian! But don’t mention that to US Agent—he’s still getting used to the metric system!

“I knew OMEGA FLIGHT had legs, but I’m thrilled to see that it’s standing so tall amongst all the fresh comics on the stands today,” said series editor Andy Schmidt. “It’s really nice to see that so many retailers and fans alike have such confidence in the Canadian super hero book that could. If you haven’t checked it out yet, then you’re missing out on five issues of pure pulp love.”

With the battle against the Wrecking Crew heating up, fans can’t miss the rest of this exciting limited series! Please note that Omega Flight #2 may still be available at the retail level. Maple syrup, hockey and now Omega Flight—maybe some of the best things do come from Canada ! At this Marvel has no plans to go back to press on Omega Flight #2.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    press release:

."
    Omega Flight #2 Soars to Another Sell Out

Oh Canada ! Marvel is pleased to announce that Omega Flight #2 has sold out at Diamond. Following the first adventure of Canada ’s newest superhero team, formed to combat the fallout from Civil War and tying into Marvel’s hugely popular Initiative storyline, Omega Flight has sold out of its first two issue—that’s “deux pour deux” in Canadian! But don’t mention that to US Agent—he’s still getting used to the metric system!

“I knew OMEGA FLIGHT had legs, but I’m thrilled to see that it’s standing so tall amongst all the fresh comics on the stands today,” said series editor Andy Schmidt. “It’s really nice to see that so many retailers and fans alike have such confidence in the Canadian super hero book that could. If you haven’t checked it out yet, then you’re missing out on five issues of pure pulp love.”

With the battle against the Wrecking Crew heating up, fans can’t miss the rest of this exciting limited series! Please note that Omega Flight #2 may still be available at the retail level. Maple syrup, hockey and now Omega Flight—maybe some of the best things do come from Canada ! At this Marvel has no plans to go back to press on Omega Flight #2.
    all giddyness aside because of the sellout...but that is easily the most asinine press release ever.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Oeming, you've sold out, man, you've sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Primate
    all giddyness aside because of the sellout...but that is easily the most asinine press release ever.
    I've read asininer. Some are so asinine, they're asiten.

- Le Messor
    "They don't subscribe to the facism of the music industry."
    "The Facsism of the Music Industry is a great magazine!"
    - underground music parody

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor

I've read asininer. Some are so asinine, they're asiten.
    funny man

WooT!! So glad to hear this. I got my local comic store owner of New Moon Comics to check out these boards and is behind the "movement" as well hehe. I asked him how #2 was doing compared to #1. He said not as well. Apparently its doing great elsewhere. I really hope we hear something soon about possible ongoing status. I would love to keep the same creative team. They are doing a great job and im really enjoying the ride.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

I'm happy, but in truth.... Horrible press release. Oh God was it ever horrible. It was like a press release from an alternate universe where everything is acted out like a scene from a B-Movie.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    I'm happy, but in truth.... Horrible press release. Oh God was it ever horrible. It was like a press release from an alternate universe where everything is acted out like a scene from a B-Movie.
    LOL well put
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

I dunno how my comic shop faired, its 45 minutes away so I only go the first wednesday of the month, Pick up Omega, Mighty Avenegers, Avengers Initiative, Immortal Iron Fist, and Checkmate. and than come back the next month

when I go there they had jsut put them out.. but they sure put out a TON of them like as many as they put out for big main titles, So I hope that means they did well

Feh...Old news...I posted it here first...LOL....

http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtop...=2080&start=75

Dana :P
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!